Audi Q2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Looks great Jill. The Ara Blue is even better in the flesh than the photos.

I've gone for a Sport in Ara Blue. Picked it up today, but haven't driven it too far in this awful weather. Trying to gen up on all the techie options!

Enjoy.

Cheers
Rich

·
Registered
179 Posts
That's great news... good see others taking receipt of them now. Hope you enjoy. Did either of you go for the Tech pack? Just wondered if so, what your license expiration's are set to, especially E-Sim, Hotspot and Data plans...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No we didn't go for the Tech pack just the "Audi Connect Infotainment Services (3 month trial)". Very nice for the google earth sat nav overlay but I doubt we will use any of the other functionality. Don't know how much this will cost to extend beyond the 3 months trial - knowing Audi £+++! Would be interested to hear if anyone has any ideas re pricing for this...

·
Registered
179 Posts
The traffic information is useful allowing you to see delays on the roads ahead and it automatically re-routing you. Some other useful bits too but I agree... I think a lot of it is more of a novelty and perhaps will not be used much. I did have licensing problems on mine when I picked it up with everything expiring in March I think rather than the three years that I should have had. They fixed that but I still have three items that have an expired date and not sure if they should be part of the service or not. Not sure if it is the same thing but if you log into My Audi and go to data plans... it will take you through to a partner site where you can buy the plans... i think you can do this from the car itself too. It comes in 7 day, 30 day and 365 day packages with the latter costing £99 for 10GB. I'm thinking that is something different to the connected services though as these are unlimited on data and probably for the items I don't have, mainly the WiFi hotspot. Perhaps see what happens after the three month trial and the options you have. Enjoy your car... try and keep it clean :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
dtaylor said:
The traffic information is useful allowing you to see delays on the roads ahead and it automatically re-routing you. Some other useful bits too but I agree... I think a lot of it is more of a novelty and perhaps will not be used much. I did have licensing problems on mine when I picked it up with everything expiring in March I think rather than the three years that I should have had. They fixed that but I still have three items that have an expired date and not sure if they should be part of the service or not. Not sure if it is the same thing but if you log into My Audi and go to data plans... it will take you through to a partner site where you can buy the plans... i think you can do this from the car itself too. It comes in 7 day, 30 day and 365 day packages with the latter costing £99 for 10GB. I'm thinking that is something different to the connected services though as these are unlimited on data and probably for the items I don't have, mainly the WiFi hotspot. Perhaps see what happens after the three month trial and the options you have. Enjoy your car... try and keep it clean :)
Hi Darren

I've got the technology pack, but I'm not sure where I should be looking to check the subscription packages? Happy to look again tomorrow if you can point me in the right direction. I'm usually okay with technology, but the manual and all of the technology options have baffled me a bit.

Cheers

Rich

·
Registered
179 Posts
dizzyheights said:
dtaylor said:
Hi Darren

I've got the technology pack, but I'm not sure where I should be looking to check the subscription packages? Happy to look again tomorrow if you can point me in the right direction. I'm usually okay with technology, but the manual and all of the technology options have baffled me a bit.

Cheers

Rich
Hi Rich,

I'd really appreciate that. There's various places you can check but as I recall... if you click Menu, then go to and select Audi Connected services (or something like that)... then press the right button next to the control wheel I think it will bring up a menu on which one option is licensing. You will see probably twenty items... most (if not all) should be for three years from your pick up date. Mine expired in March but my dealer reported back to Audi who fixed it remotely but I still have three items with expired dates.

Let me know how you get on. If you still have difficulty finding them I'll check tomorrow too with more precise details :)

Hope you're enjoying the car. Had mine over a month now and done over 2K in it. Still enjoying it. Had a slight problem with the hill hold assist the other day and hoping that was a one off.

Any questions let me know... think I have figured it all out now.

Thanks,
David

·
Registered
41 Posts
dtaylor said:
dizzyheights said:
dtaylor said:
Hi Darren

Cheers

Rich
Hi Rich,

I'd really appreciate that. There's various places you can check but as I recall... if you click Menu, then go to and select Audi Connected services (or something like that)... then press the right button next to the control wheel I think it will bring up a menu on which one option is licensing. You will see probably twenty items... most (if not all) should be for three years from your pick up date. Mine expired in March but my dealer reported back to Audi who fixed it remotely but I still have three items with expired dates.

Let me know how you get on. If you still have difficulty finding them I'll check tomorrow too with more precise details :)

Hope you're enjoying the car. Had mine over a month now and done over 2K in it. Still enjoying it. Had a slight problem with the hill hold assist the other day and hoping that was a one off.

Any questions let me know... think I have figured it all out now.

Thanks,
David
Hi David,

First of all apologies for calling you Darren.

I've not had a chance to look at the licence options today. I'm still struggling to get the wifi hot spot working. When I try to log on it takes me to a website on my phone asking me to buy data. I thought this was all included as part of the technology pack. I'll look into it some more over the next couple of days.

Cheers
Rich

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hi Rich,

No problem re the name :)

If you check the licensing I'm expecting you to see similar to mine. The three items I have that show as expired are E-SIM, Data Plans and Hotspot via Wi-Fi. I too thought that they were included in the service but now thinking not and it is just he Audi connected services that are inclusive for three years.

Hopefully all the other items will be set to expire three years from the date you picked the car up... mine were not so definitely worth checking.

Thanks,
David

·
Registered
41 Posts
dtaylor said:
Hi Rich,

If you check the licensing I'm expecting you to see similar to mine. The three items I have that show as expired are E-SIM, Data Plans and Hotspot via Wi-Fi. I too thought that they were included in the service but now thinking not and it is just he Audi connected services that are inclusive for three years.

Hopefully all the other items will be set to expire three years from the date you picked the car up... mine were not so definitely worth checking.

Thanks,
David[/quote

Hi David

Sorry it's taken a while to get back to you. I finally found some time to play with the technology options on the car today and I checked the licence expiry dates. Most of the options are set to three years from pick up, but for the data plans and wifi hot spot my settings show as expiring in December 2115.

I'm still having a problem trying to connect to the hot spot though. All I seem to get us some awful music while its trying to connect.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Rich

·
Registered
179 Posts
dizzyheights said:
dtaylor said:
Hi Rich,

Thanks,
David[/quote

Hi David

Sorry it's taken a while to get back to you. I finally found some time to play with the technology options on the car today and I checked the licence expiry dates. Most of the options are set to three years from pick up, but for the data plans and wifi hot spot my settings show as expiring in December 2115.

I'm still having a problem trying to connect to the hot spot though. All I seem to get us some awful music while its trying to connect.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Rich
Thanks Rich... no problem.

Great that your 'normal' licenses are set to expire three years from your pick up date which is as it should be (mine was not). Did you mean 2115 or 2015? It is those licenses on mine that have expired too which is why the Hotspot feature will not work. I am starting to think that is now normal and those are not included. I have been in touch with 'Datainside' who provide that service and that is what they are telling me... the three year connected services are for the Audi on line functionality like Google maps, traffic, weather, fuel, searches etc... but the hot spot is a paid for extra. My dealer has not come back to me anymore to confirm but that is the way it is looking. Their pricing is quite steep too at a year/100GB for £99. I will not be paying it and not something I really need, but like you, was thinking it was part of the package.

Hope you're enjoying the car.

Thanks again,
David

·
Registered
41 Posts
dtaylor said:
dizzyheights said:
dtaylor said:
Hi Rich,

Thanks,
David[/quote

Hi David

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Rich
Thanks Rich... no problem.

Great that your 'normal' licenses are set to expire three years from your pick up date which is as it should be (mine was not). Did you mean 2115 or 2015? It is those licenses on mine that have expired too which is why the Hotspot feature will not work. I am starting to think that is now normal and those are not included. I have been in touch with 'Datainside' who provide that service and that is what they are telling me... the three year connected services are for the Audi on line functionality like Google maps, traffic, weather, fuel, searches etc... but the hot spot is a paid for extra. My dealer has not come back to me anymore to confirm but that is the way it is looking. Their pricing is quite steep too at a year/100GB for £99. I will not be paying it and not something I really need, but like you, was thinking it was part of the package.

Hope you're enjoying the car.

Thanks again,
David
Hi David

I've just checked the licence expiry dates again and both the data plans and wifi hotspot is set to December 2115.

I've given the car a good run today over to Shropshire and back. It was useful to highlight a small problem with a rattling drivers window at low speed - I'll have to get this looked at by the dealer and also ask them about the problem connecting to the wifi hotspot. Overall, I really like the car. It's feel very planted on the road and I'm liking the higher ride height compared to my previous A3 Sportsback. I do think Audi have skimped a little in the cabin though. The A3 had a lot more soft touch plastics and I liked the silver trims on the air vents. The Q2's are made of plastic. I also wish I paid for the climate control - it's standard in the A3. I did get the Advanced Drivers Assistance pack thrown in though - I only paid for the cross assist and Audi park assist, so I shouldn't grumble too much.

Hope everyone else is enjoying their new cars - I've still not seen another one in the road yet.

Cheers
Rich

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi all,

Picked my edition 1 up on friday and have driven a few hundred miles since. Absolutely loving the car, a major upgrade from my last car.

I also checked my licences and have found that all of them were set for expiry after 3 years - but even so I could not connect to the wifi hotspot. I rang the support line from the car and they said it's because I need to buy the data package from data inside if I want that feature - as we had guessed. On a second detailed read of the brochure it does say this too in fairness, I had just assumed it was included in the 3 year package with the tech pack.
I have bought a 7 day trial to see what its like and I could immediately connect so it was that issue. I will see whether I go with a longer term data package or not.

The ride on the 19" wheels on auto and comfort settings seems great to me - I was a bit concerned after reading some reviews sayng how harsh it would be. No concern from my side - not tried the other settings yet.

Great to see all of the pictures of other Q2's arriving and on the road - I also still haven't seen another one out and about yet!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Good to check the licenses anyway as all mine were originally set to expire in March I think.

A shame about the hotspot but in reality I doubt i would have used it much.

I saw my first 'other' Q2 on the road on Friday... a white TDI.

Enjoy the car :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts