Audi Q2 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm new to this forum and new as Audi owner. Picked up my black Q2 Design Edition earlier this month. Ordered it in late september so the delivery was alright. I'm in Sweden.

Some of my spec (my options list is looooong :D ): 1,4 Tfsi FWD, DSG, Pro line, LED Matrix, Park assist, 19" Y-spoke (and a extra set of 17" AEZ wheels with winter tires), dark tinted windows, C-pillar in body colour, LED interior lightning, aluminium door sills, sport seats in nappa leather, extended interior upholstery pack, B & O, dual climate control, Virtual cockpit, MMI Plus, Hill hold, Active lane assist... etc. etc...

Question: how do you use the speed limiter? My cruise control works fine, but nothing happens when I press the "Lim" button...

Some pictures :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
179 Posts
Very nice... I have a black 1.4 TFSI S-Line.

I had a one page addendum inserted into the user manual stating that the Speed Limiter is not operational.

There must be some history behind this as assuming that it is only software related and could work easily in conjunction with the cruise control. I'm guessing there was a bug with the software found in testing... not sure if they will fix at some point and retrospectively apply an upgrade or whether it will just be fixed on later releases. A shame to have a physical button that does not work!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I find the speed limiter very useful on my present car - particularly for the many miles of 50 mph average speed limits on the motorways near me. Instead of having to constantly look down at my speed at one time i'd set the cruise control, but then found I was constantly having to manually adjust the speed due to traffic in front as we dipped below 50. Nowadays I set the speed limiter and control the accelerator, whilst knowing the car will simply prevent me from going any faster than I should be, and I won't have to keep looking down at the dashboard to check my speed.
With the adaptive cruise control I'll have on my Q2 and in the absence of the speed limiter at present I'll revert to using the cruise control at 50 but the car will just manage the speed and distance to the vehicles in front, so that will be a whole new experience for me!

·
Registered
179 Posts
I too had the speed limiter function on my old car and did use on occasions.

The adaptive cruise control is impressive and will always look for that option on any future car I buy. It does make me wonder if it will wear the brakes prematurely though. One thing that threw me a little is reducing the speed of the cruise control actually brakes the car too rather than just letting it decelerate naturally. Typically on a motorway journey I will set it at 70 and not have to touch it again. You can even change gear and it will not disengage cruise control which is a new one on me too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dtaylor said:
Very nice... I have a black 1.4 TFSI S-Line.

I had a one page addendum inserted into the user manual stating that the Speed Limiter is not operational.
Thanks for the info. I hope they'll fix it soon as I paid extra for it. Guess who'll be on the phone soon :roll:

I've had it on other cars and I tend to use it alot while driving in city with heavy traffic. The adaptive cruise controle wouldn't work in those situations.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Vern said:
Hi .. looks great .. I'm getting those wheels ... :D not seen them on a q2 look great .. hopefully collecting on Saturday :) :) :)
The AEZ Straight wheels looks great on the car! The black/polished finnish matches the black paint of my car. I like them so much that I've started playing with the idea of getting a set of 20" for summer ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts