Audi Q2 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Nice colour that, bit like the Fiat 500 colour. Nicer colour than the green one that Auto Express has gone and tested and only awarded 3 stars to it.

I finally got to test drive one. Its ok. Nice firm ride. Not all that taken with the black plastic/gloss finish on the dash - it shows up finger marks badly. But it is very nippy!

·
Registered
1 Posts
:D Hi all

I have been wanting to replace my diesel car with a smaller hatchback which my wife would prefer to learn to drive in. I was intrigued by the Q2, especially the price and excellent specification, this even on the base model. I test drove a competitor the Seat Mii and was quite impressed save for the masses of uncovered metal and the cheap looking dashboard (even the wheel arches in the boot are left uncovered.)

My next visit was to my local Audi dealership. When we saw the new Q2 we were immediately impressed and after a long test drive we were sold. We literally like everything about this vehicle and completely disagree with some reports that it is best suited as a city car. We live in hilly Cornwall and found the performance excellent, easily reaching and maintaining the national speed limit on dual carriage roads even whilst progressing up steep gradients. The engine is a really sweet flexible unit and without the added stress of a turbo should (fingers crossed) prove reliable in the long term

The only problem we can see will be supply, our dealership has now sold all of his supply of stock until October, he had 2 left for August delivery, an SE in Red and a SL in metallic. We were going to order and SL but having viewed the excellent standard specification of the SE we decided to save the extra £2000 it would have cost for the SL model with metallic paint. (we can live without air con as we find it is hardly ever used it on our current vehicle.) Literally having just made our decision the SL was sold over the telephone by the same sales person.

We swore never to buy another Audi after a disastrous experience with a new Vectra in 1998 but this fantastic little car has changed our mind, even the name takes us back to our youth.

Our advice would be to test drive the new Q2 before coming to a decision on another small vehicle.

Hope this helps

Bye for now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.