Audi Q2 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did the Q2 come with puddle lights from factory? I was thinking of retrofitting these but on the door cards there are no cut outs and no red reflectors like what my S3 has. I'm guessing the wiring will be the same as the A3 8V.

Also, does anyone know how to take the door cards off?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
322 Posts
no puddle lights on the Q2 but it should be super easy to do. just buy the wiring kit and do it. should be easy. you might need coding though if you want it set up properly with the MMI etc... Also looking to do this as i took out my genuine Audi beam from the A3 when i sold it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ormesome said:
no puddle lights on the Q2 but it should be super easy to do. just buy the wiring kit and do it. should be easy. you might need coding though if you want it set up properly with the MMI etc... Also looking to do this as i took out my genuine Audi beam from the A3 when i sold it.
Yeah the wiring shouldn't be difficult and the apertures for the lights can be made with a Dremel,

I'm just not sure how to get the door card off. I know on the A3 you need to pop off the speaker grille and remove the screws and the rest of the door card pops off but there doesn't appear to be a removable speaker grille on the Q2
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
192 Posts
To remove the door card you need to undo the two torx screws, one under the arm rest, one behind the trim on the door grab (there is a small indentation on the lower front side to allow it to prise off. It is clipped all the way round and in the middle so is quite tight but will pop off)

You then need to get a trim tool under the bottom of the door card and pop the card off the clips. They are around the bottom and up the sides. Once all un popped you need to slide the door card up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IanQ2 said:
To remove the door card you need to undo the two torx screws, one under the arm rest, one behind the trim on the door grab (there is a small indentation on the lower front side to allow it to prise off. It is clipped all the way round and in the middle so is quite tight but will pop off)

You then need to get a trim tool under the bottom of the door card and pop the card off the clips. They are around the bottom and up the sides. Once all un popped you need to slide the door card up.
Thanks mate
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
I to was surprised at the absence of a glove compartment light, and that it didn't have a vent linking in the air con.
Also no map reading lights, lights on the sun visor vanity mirror, or pockets on the back of the front passenger seats.
The interior lighting is poor unless you have the optional LED (£125) as on the R Line and above.
All minor things really, but that's Audi for you.
Overall no regrets, it's a dream to drive, and the progressive steering was an unexpected bonus.

Q2 1.4 TFSI Sport S-tropic, Glacier White Mannhaton blades. 2 zone climate control, folding mirrors, park assist, spare wheel, self dimming interior mirror, Ali inlay dash instead of red, side and rear cross traffic assist
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
I agree about the cost cutting, we were surprised there was no glovebox light. I love our Q2 Sline, however in terms of cost cutting they have now made dual zone heating an extra, it is things like this, and heated seats being extra.
For us S- line is a top of range model, and we feel, that certain extras should be standard.
We have now started to look at other manufacturers, who offer more for less. Sadly unless Audi change their marketing approach this will be our last Audi!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
Markp said:
I agree about the cost cutting, we were surprised there was no glovebox light. I love our Q2 Sline, however in terms of cost cutting they have now made dual zone heating an extra, it is things like this, and heated seats being extra.
For us S- line is a top of range model, and we feel, that certain extras should be standard.
We have now started to look at other manufacturers, who offer more for less. Sadly unless Audi change their marketing approach this will be our last Audi!
Couldn't agree more I was gobsmacked that we had to put climate on our build as an extra, as well as folding mirrors (really) then we cancelled the order due to the big delay caused by engine gate 😂
We then scoured the country for one either already built or a demo with climate on it an failed, settled for an Edition #1 with just 26miles on the clock, thrashed out a great deal on it.
Glad with the outcome especially with the 1.5 engine problems, coping alright with just aircon but it is a comprise, I love having climate I just set it and leave it on 24/7 summer and winter never have misted up windows happy days, and don't scream at me it uses more fuel yes marginally but if you don't use it regularly your seals dry out which is then the cause or loosing the aircon gas
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I took the glovebox out and it doesnt look possible to retrofit a glovebox light, the damper is different to older Audi's where the damper is the switch for the light.

I managed to retrofit the rear puddle and door warning lights, just got the fronts to do but waiting for some parts
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Been meaning to update this thread for a while. Managed to complete the puddle and door warning light retrofits on my Dad's Q2, fairly straight forward, but you do need VCDS to code the rear doors. The front ones worked without any coding. You can't really see the puddle lights in the pics as it was a bit bright when I took the pics. You can just see the Audi rings on the floor for the front doors.

The red warning lights are a bit lower than we would have liked on the front doors but this is down to the space inside the door card or you won't have enough space for the wiring connector.

We also added some door pocket lights which we spliced into the wiring for the Bang & Olufsen lights on the front doors, lets you see things in the door pockets at night - I don't have a pic of this in the Q2 but I've put a pic of the ones I put in my S3 so you get the idea.

We also took the opportunity to fit some sound deadening panels on the doors. The front outer door skins vibrate when you shut the door, the deadening panels have eliminated that and you get more bass response from the speakers. The doors feel heavier and sound like an older Audi when you shut them. I had to turn the bass down in my S3 after fitting the sound deadening panels!!

Next project on the Q2 is to wire up a second light in the boot, should be simple enough to do by splicing off the existing light :D
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
alpesh26 said:
Been meaning to update this thread for a while. Managed to complete the puddle and door warning light retrofits on my Dad's Q2, fairly straight forward, but you do need VCDS to code the rear doors. The front ones worked without any coding. You can't really see the puddle lights in the pics as it was a bit bright when I took the pics. You can just see the Audi rings on the floor for the front doors.

The red warning lights are a bit lower than we would have liked on the front doors but this is down to the space inside the door card or you won't have enough space for the wiring connector.

We also added some door pocket lights which we spliced into the wiring for the Bang & Olufsen lights on the front doors, lets you see things in the door pockets at night - I don't have a pic of this in the Q2 but I've put a pic of the ones I put in my S3 so you get the idea.

We also took the opportunity to fit some sound deadening panels on the doors. The front outer door skins vibrate when you shut the door, the deadening panels have eliminated that and you get more bass response from the speakers. The doors feel heavier and sound like an older Audi when you shut them. I had to turn the bass down in my S3 after fitting the sound deadening panels!!

Next project on the Q2 is to wire up a second light in the boot, should be simple enough to do by splicing off the existing light :D
How did you Stick the light on the door panel..Did you drill a hole?
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top