Audi Q2 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After taking delivery last week of my new Q2 Sport, I find that it has no rear parking sensors fitted. When checking on line the specification with Audi UK prior to purchase, in the area "driver assistance", it shows 4 items, 3 of which the car has and the 4th item "rear parking sensors", although marked in the same way, the car does not have!

I telephoned Audi UK Customer Services and the gentleman had great difficulty in finding the specification - I had to instruct him how to find it!!. He was very vague in his response and spoke to a colleague. The reply was I should have ticked the box with my centre!!!! I pointed out that other items with a black spot were on the car which he could not explain. I got the feeling that I was being "fobbed off" by him constantly saying "Speak to your Centre". I have not spoken to my Audi Centre as yet (Listers) as I am trying to obtain clarification on the matter.

Has anyone else had this problem? Could you please look at the UK specification and give me your interpretation of the black spot?

Many thanks,

faffy

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm guessing you ordered a model built to 2017 specifications. The online Configurator now shows the new 2018 model year specs which have changed slightly very recently. If your dealer didn't know this then they are incompetent. If they did, you have to decide if you've been mislead.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Have a read of: https://www.q2forums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=539&p=2557&hilit=comfort#p2557

If you register at My Audi, add your car via it's Vin then you can click on it and go to 'Product Rating' and under 'Exterior Equipment' it will show Parking Sensors if they were a factory fit.

At the bottom of the page you can print the full car equipment list based on your Vin, subject to this though:

Product evaluation

You can evaluate every one of your equipment elements individually using the 5 star system. Give one star if a detail does not match your expectations, and five stars if it exceeds your expectations. Please note: the vehicle details display depends on your vehicle identification number. In exceptional cases, the system may not be able to display them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your replies.

I did check, as suggested and found my Q2 was built in April 2017 so it just missed the upgrade. The Dealer has now agreed to fit the rear sensors at a reasonable cost.

Regards

Faffy

·
Registered
143 Posts
It sounds like bad timing with the change of spec.
But at least your dealer is sorting it out for you. But at a cost.
I don't know why Audi make it so complicated on choosing the spec you want. Every tiny detail is a extra cost!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.