Audi Q2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have 18 inch wheels, tend to drive in Comfort mode on the S/tronic, the ride can be a bit harsh on potholed roads but on a good surface it is comfortable and quiet, this is the first AUDI I have had with factory fit Michelin tyres, perhaps that has something to do with it.

·
Registered
143 Posts
What tire pressure settings are people pumping there tires to? Have you tried the comfort tire pressure setting rather than standard pressures ?

·
Registered
143 Posts
I mean the actual tire pressure. Not the setting on the mmi

·
Registered
143 Posts
Line 2 on tire pressure

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
I read the same in a couple of reviews. S-line has a lower/stiffer suspension (which you can deselect in the configurator btw). If you combine this with anything bigger than 17" it affects the comfort of the ride too much. This was my main reason not to select the Edition 1, but configure my own from scratch.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Dave said:
I mean the actual tire pressure. Not the setting on the mmi
Good call Dave :cool:

I changed my pressures to Comfort today and much prefer the softer ride. I thought from the moment that I picked my car up that the tyres felt way too firm but I didn't know that there was an option to choose whichever setting suited best.

·
Registered
26 Posts
There is not a comfort tyre pressure, it is the lower pressure to be set when car not heavily loaded!
This setting is so that the tyre wear is even across the full width of the tyre. If you use the lower pressures when the car is more heavily loaded then the outside of the tyres will wear more quickly than the center.
The ride quality of the car is usually harder when larger diameter wheels are used with lower profile tyres because the lower profile tyre has less resilience due to the narrower depth.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Line 1 and 2 are both for partially loaded.

Line 2 is lower pressure to give a more comfortable ride.

But you always need to set the pressures to how much the car is loaded

·
Registered
100 Posts
Well, whatever it's called, I like it. Went hill walking this morning to my usual spot (about 45 mins away) and the journey was mainly on A roads sitting around 60mph and I didn't notice any change in my mpg (low fifties). I'm sure that there must be some effect on mpg but it certainly appears to be fairly negligible, not that I'm particularly bothered. The car just feels nicer to drive.

·
Registered
143 Posts
That's good:) if it nicer to drive then that's a great result in my eyes:)

·
Registered
14 Posts
very diplomatically put dave,

I assume if you have an edition one or other wheel size with low profile tyres there won't be a setting in boxed line 2 as they have to be kept strictly to quoted pressures

hence the only on certain vehicles in the manual

·
Registered
143 Posts
I guess they must be specific to the size wheel as there are no tire pressures in the user manual, only on the sticker on the cars door.

I followed my own advise today and set my tire pressures to the comfort setting in the user manual. As most of the time I have a light load.(well apart from me;))
Well it dose give a nicer ride so worth doing.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Regarding the firm suspension on my Q2,went in to an Audi dealer while on a weekend brake 200 miles from home and car had been making a lot of noise going over slight bumps,on inspection the mechanic found the front suspension travel blocks had not been removed before delivery,so if you are feeling the bumps a lot might be worth taking your car to be checked out.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Audi dealer offered me the first 2 services free, for forgetting to remove the transit blocks, accepted their offer, ride is much smoother now, if your suspension is very firm might be worth taking car into your dealer to have it checked out.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts