Audi Q2 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has used a tuning box or Pedal box on a 1 litre tfsi engine at all? would this engine even be able to take it?

I know a remap would be better but I don't want to void the warranty.

Any comments/ experiences?

·
Registered
322 Posts
No matter what you use, Audi will still be able to see that a tunning box or remap has been added. This is logged by the ECU. If you are on PCP then also be aware that the car isn't yours and that the provider could ask you to pay all of the cars money up front. Also, your insurance will have to be modified!
Iv gone down the research route for my Q2 as I wanted to get some more power from my 190bhp but I've decided it's too much faf for too little gain. If you are unaware of the 3 points I made above then search the internet for other brands, plenty of real horror stories for all 3 scenarios.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I don't agree entirely with the statement that 'No matter what you use, Audi will still be able to see that a tuning box or remap has been added'

I have had a couple of tuned Audi's, one with a tuning box and one with a map. The car with the tuning box had engine warranty work and this box was not detected. The one with the remap was serviced regularly at Audi and at no point was flagged as ECU modified.

That is not to say that the ECU's in the Q2 are more sophisticated than previous cars though.

Neither a pedal box, tuning box or remap are going to make much difference to the 1L TFSI though, its simply too small an engine IMO.

Audi record detected or suspected tuning with either

TD1 flag (remapped cars)
TB1 flag (suspected tuning box...….unless the box is actually present then its not suspected)

The only way to potentially detect the tuning box would be to check the boost/fuelling/timing values being outside of tolerance.

An ECU remap could be detected via the flash count on the ECU, which is basically how many times has the ECU been changed/updated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you guys! Points taken.

I'm generally happy with this little but feisty engine. I just wish I could get a little more torque out of it specially when pulling out on busy roundabouts which I hadn't paid attention when testing both 1.0 and 1.4 at the dealership.

DTUK is claiming amazing performance upgrades but I'm not sure I could trust them.

Thanks again :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a Q2 30tdi with less than 2k on the clock. This is on pcp and have been disappointed with many aspects of the car (trim level, performance etc). Test drove a similar model but with s line trim. Contacted dealer to upgrade but wanted too much money. Anyhow I have bought a tuning box from DTUK but to be honest I am too wary to put it on. Did a bit of searching before purchase and was happy to go ahead with it but since then I have come across a lot of reports that contradict each other such as not detectable, it is, and fancy box with a resister in it etc etc. Really don't know what to do. Got a £300 box doing nothing. Any thoughts PLEASE.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Weeder said:
I have a Q2 30tdi with less than 2k on the clock. This is on pcp and have been disappointed with many aspects of the car (trim level, performance etc). Test drove a similar model but with s line trim. Contacted dealer to upgrade but wanted too much money. Anyhow I have bought a tuning box from DTUK but to be honest I am too wary to put it on. Did a bit of searching before purchase and was happy to go ahead with it but since then I have come across a lot of reports that contradict each other such as not detectable, it is, and fancy box with a resister in it etc etc. Really don't know what to do. Got a £300 box doing nothing. Any thoughts PLEASE.
I'm in the same position though I haven't bought the box yet. I spoke to Andrew from DTUK and he says they've tested the box in SEAT Ibiza which has the same engine as Q2 and they had no issues. I would probably give it a try if I were sure the dealer couldn't detect it. :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts