Audi Q2 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm new to the forum and have just bought a q2! I got the comfort and sound pack and didn't realise that the subwoofer would restrict the boot!

After inspecting it it's not the subwoofer but rather the tool storage that stops the boot dropping down.

Does any one know how to remove this? I've had a good look but it's alluding me at the moment and I didn't want to do it In case I damage anything!

Any help much appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
How did you get on removing the tool storage could you lower the boot tray, did it impact the sub woofer. Interested to know what did you do with the tools car jack ..etc were they rattling about in the boot ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Removing with tool tray was easy and I could lower the boot tray no issues. I haven't noticed any issues with the subwoofer although every now and again it does make a thud noise when I turn the car on. I think this is just a power surge though as it happened in a courtesy car too! I took the jack and tools out in their entirety and just have them in the cupboard under the stairs. I figure I have roadside recovery so I doubt I'd use any of them.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sheldonv90 said:
Removing with tool tray was easy and I could lower the boot tray no issues. I haven't noticed any issues with the subwoofer although every now and again it does make a thud noise when I turn the car on. I think this is just a power surge though as it happened in a courtesy car too! I took the jack and tools out in their entirety and just have them in the cupboard under the stairs. I figure I have roadside recovery so I doubt I'd use any of them.
How easy did the sub come out?

·
Registered
9 Posts
DavidC said:
Just ordered a new Q2 with comfort and sound pack. Can I still place my use my space saver spare wheel without effecting the B & O sub woofer. Any experience would be welcome.
I don't have a spare wheel, but I saw that it goes arround the subwoofer, the subwoofer it self blocks it and when you want to change the wheel, you must unwire the subwoofer, remove it with the big plastic screw in the middle, and take it off

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, just got a 2018 Q2 and looking to remove the tool tray also to lower the boot (the dog needs more space!). How did you do it? I seem to have plastic parts bolting it down but they've got a triangular centre so no standard tool will fit to release them? Any help appreciated! Thanks, Hope

1 - 13 of 13 Posts