Audi Q2 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, wondered if anyone has thought about ( or had done ) a Reversing Camera after purchase?

Miss having a camera, but not an option to purchase on it's own without add ons.

Any information/advice would be helpful.

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
I bought one with 'installation' and after 2 attempts it was decided to abandon the plan and got a refund even though it was supposedly a 'genuine Audi' kit.

Basically there was a problem with the 'refresh rate' and they couldn't stop the screen flickering.

That's a few months back now so things may have improved/been resolved but having learnt to live without a reversing camera I no longer feel the need to have one :shock:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Andrew thanks for the reply, was this the genuine Audi product that firs under the boot handle? Was it successful, and did you need to get it coded by Audi or did the fitters do that.
David
 
G

·
Hi, yes genuine Audi parts used, Audi dealers use them also.
They did everything including the required coding.
You do require your car to already have the rear parking sensors already fitted and they will ask for you VIN before quoting.
You should be able to negotiate a small discount if you take your car to them but the fitting does take sometime.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok thanks again Andrew. I do have the Rear Parking sensors fitted. St Albans bit of a distance for me though, appreciate your response.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Hi Cal

My local Audi dealer (Canterbury) are currently trying to retro-fit an Audi reversing camera to a 2018 Audi Q2 Sport 1.4 TFSI (that has rear parking sensors) that I am purchasing from them; but are apparently having trouble getting the system to work, which seems odd. If they fail then I'll have to get someone like Vagtec to fit one once I collect the car.

Would here be any reason why they are having trouble?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
Hi,

They should have all the information to fit this, especially as I've seen a few Audi dealers offering this as a retro fit package deal. And as you say, seems odd they can't fit the camera. There are a few specialist that can fit the camera. Try https://www.vagcarcoding.com/ who are well respected and knowledgeable.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
322 Posts
I second the info above. I got a quote from Alex at VAG CC for £450 for rear view camera fitted. That was the big line version. I tried getting quotes from others but they were all way more expensive with less feedback

How much are Audi charging you? VAG CC are fully authorised by Audi so I would cancel your Audi camera and get it done by them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
Hi,

I saw one Audi dealer - John Clark Audi - offering the retro fit for £649!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
AFPU said:
Hi Cal

My local Audi dealer (Canterbury) are currently trying to retro-fit an Audi reversing camera to a 2018 Audi Q2 Sport 1.4 TFSI (that has rear parking sensors) that I am purchasing from them; but are apparently having trouble getting the system to work, which seems odd. If they fail then I'll have to get someone like Vagtec to fit one once I collect the car.

Would here be any reason why they are having trouble?
Hi mate,

I'm sorry about the reply, I'm hardly on this forum. The camera consists of the actual camera that replaces the boot handle, a ground cable that you screw into one of the boots ground points, the power cable that you can either add to the glove box fuse box or use a tap a fuse and finally the canbus and video cables that both tap into the wires connected to the MMI unit. If anyone is having issues I am happy to try and assist further.

I have done this retrofit on my previous A3 8V also and it was actually easier on the Q2. My Q2 has factory front and rear sensors and it works perfectly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Callum.jarvis said:
AFPU said:
Hi Cal

My local Audi dealer (Canterbury) are currently trying to retro-fit an Audi reversing camera to a 2018 Audi Q2 Sport 1.4 TFSI (that has rear parking sensors) that I am purchasing from them; but are apparently having trouble getting the system to work, which seems odd. If they fail then I'll have to get someone like Vagtec to fit one once I collect the car.

Would here be any reason why they are having trouble?
Hi mate,

I'm sorry about the reply, I'm hardly on this forum. The camera consists of the actual camera that replaces the boot handle, a ground cable that you screw into one of the boots ground points, the power cable that you can either add to the glove box fuse box or use a tap a fuse and finally the canbus and video cables that both tap into the wires connected to the MMI unit. If anyone is having issues I am happy to try and assist further.

I have done this retrofit on my previous A3 8V also and it was actually easier on the Q2. My Q2 has factory front and rear sensors and it works perfectly.
Hello Jarvis,

I'm interested on your solution for my Q2, I saw some cameras sold as Plug n Play solution, with some wires like you described,

Look to this product wires here

I would be sûre that it works before buying and steps to mount to avoid any damages,

Thank you very much :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Hi,

I'm lookinf to retrofit Reverse camera. Is there any install instructions with pictures? I'd like to know where other end of cables are installed? Behind mib unit?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Godrix said:
Callum.jarvis said:
AFPU said:
Hi Cal

My local Audi dealer (Canterbury) are currently trying to retro-fit an Audi reversing camera to a 2018 Audi Q2 Sport 1.4 TFSI (that has rear parking sensors) that I am purchasing from them; but are apparently having trouble getting the system to work, which seems odd. If they fail then I'll have to get someone like Vagtec to fit one once I collect the car.

Would here be any reason why they are having trouble?
Hi mate,

I'm sorry about the reply, I'm hardly on this forum. The camera consists of the actual camera that replaces the boot handle, a ground cable that you screw into one of the boots ground points, the power cable that you can either add to the glove box fuse box or use a tap a fuse and finally the canbus and video cables that both tap into the wires connected to the MMI unit. If anyone is having issues I am happy to try and assist further.

I have done this retrofit on my previous A3 8V also and it was actually easier on the Q2. My Q2 has factory front and rear sensors and it works perfectly.
Hello Jarvis,

I'm interested on your solution for my Q2, I saw some cameras sold as Plug n Play solution, with some wires like you described,

Look to this product wires here

I would be sûre that it works before buying and steps to mount to avoid any damages,

Thank you very much :)
I saw Aliexpress selling for similar set too though there are others with an additional silver wiring box which is more expensive. Not sure which one works and which not.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Thank you for your answer @davidn
still didn't decide if I take one of those or not, seems like there is expensive solutions like in the beginning of this thread, but also a low cost and fully functional ones like what I shared, after all, it's a low resolution camera
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top