Audi Q2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Hope everyone is enjoying their Q2's - I've seen quite a few of them out on the road now.

I have a Q2 Sport and now wish I had specced LED lights. I didn't fully appreciate that the daylight running lights were halogen and not LED as per the A3 S-Line I had previously. Anyway, has anyone replaced the halogen headlights with aftermarket LED headlights or can you easily replace the halogen DLR with a LED? It would make it look so much better.

Cheers all,

Rich

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yes, it's easy to change to LED DRL's - I've done it on both our Q2's. Just search for PW24W LED lights. I bought the more expensive COB (circuit on board) ones for £20 per pair and have no errors showing. You can buy cheaper though.

·
Registered
100 Posts
This is our other Q2. Lights appear to be hardly visible in this shot but, again, my phone isn't actually able to pick up the real effect. They appear brighter from a distance. Imagine a balance between the red car and the orange one :D

·
Registered
68 Posts
Having done it on other cars in the past I have just done the upgrade as well on my Q2 Sport using Pw24W 50W Cree - Xenon White

The bulbs are available as 50 watt, 80 watt and 100 watt. I went for 50 watt as the others can be just too bright.

£17.99 a pair delivered from Car Mod Shop Ltd and 10 minutes to swap over.

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Hood Vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Newsy said:
Hi have you had any problems errors etc . When I contacted Car mod shop they said as my Q2 sport was new it was not on their list.
No problems at all for me on my 1.4 TFSI Sport :)

I probaly won't go LED for the headlights as the reflector is not designed for them, I may go for Nightbreaker Laser instead.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Arrggh. I'm having no luck with replacing the halogen daylights with the LED ones. Managed to get the drivers one installed but unfortunately when trying to get the passenger side installed I've knocked the old bulb inside the headlight assembly and struggling to get new LED bulb in. Why do they make these things difficult to get into. Looks like I may have to take the whole headlight assembly out to get the old bulb out.

G

·
Roaring20 said:
Ok so I have the led replacement for DRL's but can anyone tell me how to get to bulbs please. The only I get to is the indicator build inside the round cover. Help would be appreciated
The instructions are in the user manual pg337. You have to go in through a panel in the wheelarch. The cover pops off and then you have to be a contortionist to get to the bulbs. It's worth it though. LED DRLs are brilliant. I can vouch for that.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts