Audi Q2 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my second Audi but only a year old and the hubs have started to rust already. The same thing happened with my last one (also a new car) and I've noticed other VAG cars seem to suffer from the same problem. I'm not a metallurgist but it's not something I would have thought too difficult for a car company this size to remedy. Does this not bother/affect anyone else or is it just me ? Better dig out the Hammerite.

·
Registered
130 Posts
After three years mine only has light surface rust on them which I don't mind too much but if it got worse I'd not be so happy. I've got the 5 spoke rotor wheels so rusty hubs would be very obvious.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My wife’s are still pretty rust free. We have never taken it to a hand car wash though and always washed using premium wheel cleaning products. Hers is 4 years old now so it would have happened by now I think. A lot of the Audis at work suffer from this but I know they all enjoy a £5 scratch and shine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The rust problem is only going to get worse as time goes on as the alloy wheels can become difficult to get off. Some copper grease on the mating surfaces should ensure no roadside drama if a puncture occurs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts