Audi Q2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the deed is done .. Ordered1.4 Stronic s line in Daytona grey with 19 inch wheels , sliver side blade , privacy and sunroof and a whole host of extras ... :) test drove engine in A4 and seems perky enough and so quiet compared to my 2.0 TDI .. It is a costly car but love the virtual cockpit and will be great until the new Q5 comes out in 2018 ... Hopefully will be here by November :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm also looking at getting an S-line with similar spec, did you manage to get any sort of deal on it? I was waiting for them to add it to Carwow to see what kind of discounts (if any) are available, so any insight would be much appreciated before I venture down to a dealer.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The ride height was a concern but it is higher than a GLA and the ground clearance is actually higher than my q3 plus I've gone 19 inch instead of 18 so we'll give it a go. :) no discounts (I was the first person to order in garage) but will look to get a deal on PX

·
Administrator
417 Posts
Congrats on your order Vern, really leaning towards the grey colour, not sure I can justify the Edition #1 but it looks great in that colour.

As for discounts, I mentioned this on another thread, if demand is high I doubt anyone will see any discounts for a while but it does depend on how you finance it really, high demand results in higher residuals so in theory lower monthly payments...

·
Registered
179 Posts
Me too... Ordered on Saturday in Mythos Black with nearly £8K of extras ! Ouch !
Had a call from the dealer today to say that it is at a status 10; has a provisional production date of 14th November although that sometimes is brought forward. If not, it would be early December before I take delivery.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got the same on Carwow .. My options came to over 7k but it just seems to be the way things go nowadays especially if you like tech ... Although I did spend 75 quid on hill hold assist primarily as I didn't want the big blanking plate next to the parking brake ;) so pure vanity ... I'm sure it will be useful :D : :D

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hi,

I've never had an electromechanical parking brake before but by the sounds of it once activated; it automatically releases when you set off. To me, the only advantage of the Hill Hold Assist is the automatic brake when you stop which also transfers to the parking brake if stopped for a while. I agree... nice to replace the blanking plate but it does have a trim on it which looks like it blends in. In the scale of things £75 is not much but I just don't see the benefit and omitted this from my config. I do kind of like the idea of replacing the blanking plate though ! :eek:)

·
Administrator
417 Posts
Yeah I've had an electric parking brake before and you're right it does automatically disengage when you set off, I actually really liked it and made me wonder why they all aren't like that.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm going into the dealer this week I will check why 2017. I wondered if it was the colour as they are focussing on bright 'younger' colours and I've gone for Daytona grey and in all the you tube launch info I've never seen Daytona grey just the quantum grey of the edition 1

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
dtaylor said:
Me too... Ordered on Saturday in Mythos Black with nearly £8K of extras ! Ouch !
Had a call from the dealer today to say that it is at a status 10; has a provisional production date of 14th November although that sometimes is brought forward. If not, it would be early December before I take delivery.
How did you manage to upload the image? :D :D I've tried 3 times but can't make the res low enough!! ;)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hi Vern,

The image needs to be tiny... just 90px x 90px. I used some graphics software I have but you would be able to do this in Paint too. If you still have a problem I am happy to resize for you :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Placed order yesterday for Q2 1.4 TFSI (manual) S Line in Daytona Grey, with Ice Silver C pillar / blade.

Was originally thinking Glacier White (wife's preference) or Mythos Black, but current car is metallic black, fancied a change and not 100% on having a white one. Then saw a few sparkling Daytona Grey Audis out and about in the weekend sunshine and decided that was the colour it had to be. Hoping the silver blade ties in with the silver detailing on the S Line bumpers - think it has to be the one with Daytona Grey as just don't think the white or the matt grey blades would look as good with that body colour.

Options chosen include:

Driver Assistance Pack (advanced)
Adaptive suspension
Climate Control
Advanced Key
Folding Door Mirrors
Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror
Drivers Info System - Colour Display
Hill Hold Assist

Dealer currently suggesting likely March delivery but I'm not sure I share the same confidence. Looking forward to finding out in due course what date we're currently aiming for. Long time to wait but sure it will be worth it in the end. Also looking forward to getting chance to try one out when they finally get working ones in the dealerships later in the year.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Great choice how much extra did the options add?
I've been struggling to keep them below 5k plus I want the DSG box so the total costs are adding up!
My current car has the 1.4tsi engine with cylinder on demand and it's a super engine and will suit the Q2. Daytona grey is probably the colour I'd go for, pity the Audi tour car is in yellow but it does show the body lines well.
Delivery times seem to be quite long and as I'll be trading my old car in they probably won't give me a trade in value and hold the price for 6 months.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts