Audi Q2 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 Q2 which for 3 years has been serviced by the dealer. As it is out of warranty I recently had it serviced by my own mechanic.
After removing the metal cover underneath the engine they discovered that the plastic panel in front of the engine (I think it is called the slam panel), to which the radiator is fixed, is cracked vertically for virtually its full height in front of the radiator. Consequently the radiator appears to be unsupported on one side.
The mechanic believed that the car would have needed a massive bang in the front for this to happen, but this is not so as there is no damage. The car may have received a slight bump from another parking car and the front skirt under the bumper was once caught on a kerb in a car park, but not seriously.
I inspected the damage but neglected to take a photo.
I have not reported it to Audi yet and for all I know it could have been like this since new.
Has anyone ever experienced a similar thing without the car having had a major bump in the front?
Many thanks. Peter

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you haven’t owned it from new? it may have been in an accident prior to you owning it been repaired but not bothered or noticed the crack in the slam panel
Thanks for replying. I have owned the car since new. It was custom made for me in Germany and has never been in an accident,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts