Audi Q2 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my first MOT done on the 10.12.2019, manufacturers warranty expires on the 17.12.2019. Audi technician has put on the MOT 'monitor and repair if necessary (advisories) shock absorbers light misting of oil or has limited damping effect Nearside right (5.3.2(b)).
I'm disappointed that Audi are not willing to replace the shock under the warranty. I was told that it would need to be leaking before they could replace the part. The car has done approximately 22,600 miles to date, so disappointed that a key component is failing on the car already. I was encouraged to take a look at taking out a service plan. Key components like brakes, suspension, shock absorbers are not covered, so what's the point.

I contacted Reading, as the car was purchased from them. They advised me to book the car for a service check, I would have to pay for a diagnostic, which again is ridiculous as Audi have already completed the check, when they did the MOT

·
Registered
42 Posts
No car manufacturer includes shocks and other 'wear' components in the warranty or service plan. Not sure why are you so surprised. 23000 miles is too soon for a shock to wear out however it depends on what roads are you driving.

Now to the point - light misting of a shock absorber is not a disaster, it's just an advise that its on its way of reaching its lifetime. Most probably you have another couple of thousand miles until you really start feeling that the suspension it not doing its job well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts