Audi Q2 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully, all being well I’ll pick up a previously owned Q2 Black Edition. Found my current A3 which I’m part exchanging has acquired two windscreen chips so will get those fixed before Monday.

Ive already found some useful information on here - thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well this didn’t happen. Got to the dealer 10 minutes early. Welcomed by the sales rep and asked to wait. So we waited thinking he was checking over my PX car which they hadn’t seen before. My OH hadn’t seen the Q2 so we went over to have a look.

The guy is there with a specially mixed (he says) paint pot and brush , and he’s touching up chips/marks that were supposed to have been rectified before we arrived. We are not happy. So this draws our attention to the bodywork. I begin to notice that looking at a door at certain angle, one of the crease lines had a shadow. It looks like it was painted but not enough to hide filler or primer/undercoat. Feeling this it was not smooth and clearly a poor bodywork repair. Don’t know when this happened. He’s did his best to appease us.

What else could I do but reject the car, and he’s angry, disappears but we get agreement that they will refund a large deposit and the balance of the purchase price. It a right pain as I can’t drive off until I get my insurance reverted back to the old car. Very deflated on the way home but it’s the best, if not desirable outcome. Won’t ever use that dealer or wider franchise again.

Anyway, I put my A3 forward on Motorway and it sold to another Audi dealer. I got an even better price. A really nice pair of guys arrived a few days later to check it over, pay and take it away. All went really smoothly. Been hunting again for another Q2 with a sunroof and I’ve found a facelift version that I hope to buy.

Its a long way away but having explained the sage to the salesman, he gives a good close up film of the potential purchase, and gives assurance there are only some minor marks on two wheels that will be sorted. Taking a bit of a risk not seeing it in person but hopefully distance selling rules will give some protection. It will be delivered, so no 400 mile plus round trip!
Should get it by the end of June :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
A frustrating experience for you, but you did the right thing by walking away.The bonus of a factory order is that you are the first owner and you know exactly what you are getting, no nasty surprises from previous owners !.Good luck with your next Q2.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts