Audi Q2 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As i am travelling around France in my Q2 shortly i have decided that it would be worth while buying a space saver wheel. On phoning Audi for a price i was quoted £386, which i am not prepared to pay. Looking on the internet it is possible to get a 17, 18 and 19 inch but cannot find a 16 inch, which is what i require. Can anyone help?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm planning on getting a 17" space saver.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162434715983

And I've got 16" and there's no legal issues having slightly different sizes on a saver. Bare in mind, you shouldn't go over 50mph on space savers. And their meant as temporary fixes. There may be a slight pull when braking. Space saver spares should only be used to get home/tyre shop. Obviously, your case is slightly different with being out the country. But if worse case, you should limit your speed and just stay in the slow lanes. Also, with it being a front wheel drive. If a front wheel goes. It may also be safer to change it out for a rear wheel. But that's only if you have a full load, and have a safe space to change.

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you still don't fancy risking the difference of an inch. Broaden your search of model. You may even get it under £100. As long as it's a audi with following you should fine:

PCD: 5x112

Centre Bore: 57.1

Offset: 33mm

Mounting Bolt 14 x 1.50

PN: The offset is less important on savers, you can give or take 10mm.

·
Registered
8 Posts
No worries. I actually collected my q2 today and my old ford got a flat! That also has a space saver wheel, should check it to see if the inch dim is different to confirm the point.

Here's another post about space savers:

https://www.q2forums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=345

Btw, I bought that wheel on the eBay link. In the item description it does have an disclaimer which suggests legally only space savers can be different in diameter.

·
Registered
23 Posts
When I ordered a Q2 for my wife one of the options I included was a space saver wheel......don't know where your Dealer came up with "that" price ?.....even if it was a retro fit......add VAT to the price shown still only takes it to £100

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
The spare wheel spec for the Q2 is the same as for an A4 (2008-16) or A5 (2008-17). These wheels are quite easy to find on eBay etc. The tyre spec is T125/70 R19 100M.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts