·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I have recently bought an Audi Q2 35 TFSI, and it's amazing car, I love it

The car is used, 35K, S tronic S line
I've used it for about 4 months now, around 4000km

At the beginning S&S works well, then in the last 1500km I've got a warning on my dashboard that the system (S&S) is faulty (dysfunction ! function not available...), restarting the car seems to resolve this issue at the moment, and S&S works again.

These last days I got the same error, restarted the car but nothing changed, restarted again but waited few seconds before starting, then the warning disappeared, and didn't show again, but, S&S doesn't work and didn't work for about a month or two

I'm driving mainly in city, Paris,

Is this normal ? Or should I bring the car to my Audi Showroom, trying to avoid the last option as the car is imported from Germany.

Thank you.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Maybe you aren't doing enough mileage to keep the battery at a level where the stop start needs to work properly. Have had this a few times but it's not a problem. I also turn off the stop start as journey has to many roundabouts and traffic lights and will probably reduce the battery life.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mark7551 said:
Maybe you aren't doing enough mileage to keep the battery at a level where the stop start needs to work properly. Have had this a few times but it's not a problem. I also turn off the stop start as journey has to many roundabouts and traffic lights and will probably reduce the battery life.
I do around 30km most of the time if I take the car, which is rare given the current COVID situation, and more during previous months with some weekend traveling

But does that make the warning normal ?

·
Registered
100 Posts
The most common reason for failure of the Stop Start is, as mentioned above, the condition of the battery. I fully charge my battery twice a year as I only do 5,000ml/8000km and that solves the problem.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for your answers, I saw that somewhere, S&S depends of too many variables, even injector's consumption bounds,
So having the system turned ON and not working is normal, but I'm not sure about the warning

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've had my Q2 a month and done 800miles and my S/S hasn't engaged once despite being activated. I do 16 miles each way on the commute which is mostly motorway and in every other car I've owned it's worked on that journey. On long trips it hasn't worked either. Bit frustrating really!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts