Audi Q2 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can any 1.4 TFSI owners confirm if their start/stop is working in the current UK climate?

My start/stop hasn't worked for at least the past 6 months. I know there are a number of conditions that must be met before it will kick in but I'm starting to think there might actually be another issue.

I commute 30 miles motorway driving, so the engine gets plenty of charge and up to temp but even at the end of the commute turning off all lights and fans the start/stop still doesn't kick in.

I should point out I have a dashcam with parking mode, I'm yet to try disconnecting this and see if it makes a difference but it did work in the past with the dashcam...

·
Registered
322 Posts
Mine is fine and I experience harsher weather than the uk here in Switzerland so I would have thought it is one of these 2 problems:

1: Your dash cam is draining the battery. What fuse did you piggy back and what cam do you have?

2: your battery is on its way out. Happened to mine and was changed under warranty. Audi have replaced loads of batteries across their car range due to them being faulty.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting, thanks.

It's a Thinkware dashcam, I piggy backed off the rear window wiper for the switched fuse and for parking mode I think I used the interior lights fuse, I can't remember now.

My 3 year warranty is coming up next month, so I will have to get it in ASAP. I will probably disconnect the camera first and leave it off so Audi don't use that as reason not to replace the battery, if needed.

·
Registered
192 Posts
The battery's that have caused the problems are all MLA MOLL batteries.

I have also had mine replaced at the end of 2018. My car has additional electrics and my dealership didn't have any concerns about it, but that's not to say your dealership will be the same so best to take precautions with the dashcam.

Audi should be able to scan the car to check for faults as to why Start/Stop isn't working. If its not worked for 6 months I would be surprised if it was down to the battery, it would have died by now for sure.

·
Registered
322 Posts
IanQ2 said:
If its not worked for 6 months I would be surprised if it was down to the battery, it would have died by now for sure.
Agree with this actually. mine died in under a month when symptoms occurred, but then mine did crank over a few times showing that the battery was at fault. Plus the thinkware should have a shut down if it is draining too much power in parking mode. You should be able to control this via the app. Also, if you open the thinkware app and go to live view or download a video, then you can see the voltage on the bottom part of the screen. Might be worthwhile doing just to troubleshoot.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I've not had any issues with the battery losing charge to a point to not tick over. The dashcam does have a cut-off point, I think I had it set to 11v.

I've remembered I changed a few things with an OBD2 adapter maybe 12 months ago, it's possible I changed the stop/start voltage setting so I will check that first and set it back to default. I may have caused this :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts