Audi Q2 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Prospective buyer here.

I'm looking at a Q2 Sport 1.0 or 1.4 TFSI. One thing I forgot to ask the local Audi dealer is whether these models support Stop/Start functionality when stationary, as a standard or optional feature.
This price list indicates that the SE does (and therefore Sport would...?) https://www.audi.co.uk/content/dam/audi/production/PDF/PriceAndSpecGuides/modelpricelists/Q2-Pricelist.pdf
"► Automatic Start-Stop system with recuperation"

But the user manual kindly posted in this forum is a bit vague in this area - and I could not find the magic 'A' Stop/Start disable button in pictures of the dashboard.
I'm coming from an 18 year old 206 pug, in which such notions of Stop/Start are pure science fiction :ugeek:

Also, I'm a fairly leisurely driver aiming at urban use and a daily commute one junction up the M4 during rush hour. Reviews seem to indicate that the 1.0 would do - but any thoughts from 1.0 owners?

Thanks,
Rich.

·
Registered
100 Posts
The 1.0 is absolutely fine as an everyday kind of car. Drives well, but certainly not a "driver's" car. I like mine a lot and it performed well on a recent trip to Germany. I had the 1.4 engine in my A1 and that is quite nice to drive in a spirited fashion, which I guess applies to the 1.4 Q2. However, I'm sure that your kind of driving will suit the 1 litre engine and you'll never actually feel that the car is underpowered.

And, yes, it has a disable button as standard for the stop/start - it's at the left hand side of the central control switches. I tend to disable it as soon as I set off.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Can't speak for the 1.0 but the stop start on the 1.4 with S Tronic is barely noticeable. A 2.0 TDI VW I had with the system fitted was no where near as good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts