Audi Q2 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hi,

Sadly not... would have been nice. It has been a while since I have had a heated windscreen and to have something as an alternative for the winter months especially with how highly you can spec the car, it is a shame that it does not have anything like this... not even a heated steering wheel.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hi,

There are two main apps... they offer very little.

Audi Mobile...

This shows all your car details just the same as the configurator and check the licensing information on Audi Connect services providing you have those services. You can set up your Audi Destinations which you can then see in your car via the internet connection, as well as News RSS feeds. None of that offers much.

The other app is MMI Connect...

There is Car Finder which shows where you parked your car. This only works if you pair your phone via WiFi. I have a query with my dealer re this as the WiFi hotspot looks like it is an extra service at £100 a year despite the car having a permanent internet connection for maps and services.

The app also shows the Audi Destinations that you have set too (the same as the other app but more graphical).

As well as contacts, calendar and suggested destinations of interest.

·
Registered
6 Posts
dtaylor said:
Hi,
I have a query with my dealer re this as the WiFi hotspot looks like it is an extra service at £100 a year despite the car having a permanent internet connection for maps and services.
That's correct :( you'll need to pay extra for a data plan to get it. The prepaid Audi Connect is only for the in-car services. I've looked at the data plans and they're rather expensive...

I hope Audi brings new functionality later on that we can get with a software update.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Kobra said:
dtaylor said:
Hi,
I have a query with my dealer re this as the WiFi hotspot looks like it is an extra service at £100 a year despite the car having a permanent internet connection for maps and services.
That's correct :( you'll need to pay extra for a data plan to get it. The prepaid Audi Connect is only for the in-car services. I've looked at the data plans and they're rather expensive...

I hope Audi brings new functionality later on that we can get with a software update.
Thanks... I was beginning to suspect that...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts