Audi Q2 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick couple of questions for anyone who's received their V5C in respect of their new Q2.

(i) Mine shows the Body Type as "ESTATE". I've only had standard Hatchbacks before like Focus, Leon etc which I seem to recall show as "HATCHBACK", so is "ESTATE" what they normally tag SUVs / Crossovers as?

(ii) For the Model mine says "Q2 S LINE EDITION 1 TFSI" - a bit concerned by the reference to Edition 1 as it's not an #Edition 1, but it is an S Line. I can't imagine this potential error has come from the dealer but if it's on the central records of the DVLA that may lead to it coming up when I try to get insurance quotes etc in future? It shouldn't mention "EDITION 1". I take it this is something I'm going to have to get the dealer to change with DVLA?

Any thoughts / opinions appreciated!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hi... I recall mine saying 'Q2 S LINE EDITION 1 TFSI' when it is not an Edition 1 too. I thought about querying but have never got round to it. Cannot remember if it said Estate though... maybe... can check tomorrow...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hi

Mine says the same and it's an s line. I didn't know whether to query it. I was going ask the dealership. Looks like a central issue. Hope everyone is enjoying their cars ... I still take ages to get out the car. It's likes the starship. Enterprise. Stop start button ... Phone q charging, google earth etc. :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi

Mine is an edition 1 and says the same as yours - but - the colour is quoted as blue not grey. I picked this up with the dealer when I collected the car on the registration paperwork and he thought DVLA would have corrected it before sending out the V5 to me. Turns out they didn't so I sent it back to the dealer for him to correct - likewise I don't want to have insurance issues or other problems in the future if the colour is incorrect!

Loving the car - stil finding excuses to go out and do extra trips or take the scenic route home. Haven't got to the bottom of audi connect yet. I have posted some additional pictures in the other thread from being out and about the other day.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hi... It is a known issue and yes... the dealer will sort. They have to obtain a letter from Audi UK to then send to DVLA with your existing V5C. Apparently it is a six week turn around from them mailing everything off. I'm still waiting for mine back after around a month. I ignored it until my insurance came due and keying the reg in shows Edition 1. Contact your dealer and have them sort it ASAP.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mine was the same. Took V5C to dealer and they agreed it was incorrect. They said they would send it to DVLA for correction. This was about three weeks ago, so according to sources I should get it back in three weeks time.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Corrected V5C arrived today.
The erroneous description as Edition 1 replaced with the Q2 S Line TFSI.
The 'swift and efficient' turn round by the obviously overworked Civil Servants at DVLA meant it only took 8 weeks.
Fortunately I did not need it to provide proof of registered keeper status in the intervening period.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts