Audi Q2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been told that my Audi Q2 Sport is due to start build today and that I will be sent the VIN so that I can check progress.
What is the experience of other members. How quickly after the build started were you sent the VIN?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I got my VIN from my dealer about a week after my order which was on 15 JAN. I was told at the time that my build week was week 9 (i.e today). Ive just gone into see if build has started and found that its already at Quality Control so ahead of schedule.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that garysevern. I ordered mine on 22nd Jan so it makes sense that they should go through at nearly the same time. So it is very interesting that yours is so far ahead.
I think I will need to chase my dealer up for the VIN.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I received my Order No to day via email. So I have gone into Audi.co.uk and like garysevern thr car appears to be in Quality Control, which is well ahead of schedule.
Anybody else found this to be the case?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
kir13
Both garysevern's and mine are two or three weeks ahead of what the dealer told us So you may find yours comes will come quicker than you have been told. Good luck anyway.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Still in transit GeorgeM. Expect there will be delays but don't mind too much as I wouldn't like to think of it on a ship or a transport lorry here in this weather. Also I have to pick it up from other side of Penines and wouln't fancy doing it in this. Also, no interest In my current car sale which I'm hoping is down to weather.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That's good news kir13. They must be well ahead of schedule. That is three of us ahead of schedule. April is a good time. At least the weather should have improved by then.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Garysevern
Funnily enough I got a phone call from my dealer this afternoon to say my car had arrived at the docks in Germany. So mine should be on the next boat after yours.
Will yours be going to Grimsby? It will be interesting to see how long it takes to come from Grimsby to dealership.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts