Audi Q2 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
VW have recently announced that their 1.4 TSI will be replaced by the new 1.5 TSI which promises a 10% improvement in fuel ecomomy. The standard practice within the VW group is that the company which introduces a major improvement has sole use for approximately 6 months. By my estimation it is likely that the Q2 will only be supplied with the 1.4 TSI for a max of 6 months before it is superceeded by the 1.5.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Volkswagen has today, 10/11/2016, announced the arrivial of the face-lifted Golf. The new 1.5tsi engine will superceed the 1.4tsi in this model and will almost certainly be availble in the Q2 before the end of 2017.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Rob said:
So do you think if someone is considering the 1.4 engine they would be better off waiting a few months? What's the current 1.4 like?
Hi Rob... The 1.4 TFSI is nippy, it is 150PS so not bad for a little engine. I had a 2.2 Turbo Diesel Mazda prior to this and that was the same 150PS... albeit with a lot more torque, and can tell the difference. Still... the 1.4 is fine. I am averaging 42mpg at the moment with a combination of motorway and normal driving. I will miss the range that a full tank of fuel could take me though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts