Audi Q2 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, My Q2 went into Audi Maidstone last week due to losing water from the cooling system.
Its just done 27K miles on a 2017 plate. To be told that its going to cost £1800 to fix the water pump and Thermostat was a shock to say the least!
I see some posts on here but can anyone tell me if they have had this done as it seems like a common fault. And if so how much did you pay?
Thanks
bob

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hi, a friend of mine has a Seat Leon that is about the same age and he has just had to change his water pump, the problem appears to be that they are plastic or something similar (ie. not metal). He did the work himself so I can't comment on the price but it does seem quite expensive.
Are there any independent Audi service garages close to you because they should give you a more reasonable price and they can still update all the online service information.

Reactions: Bob6310

·
Registered
32 Posts
As far as I’m aware, this is a known fault on several Audi engines in different model cars, so I suggest you do an internet search to find other such failures, then present your dealer with this information and request that they carry out the repairs under warranty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts