Audi Q2 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So on a motorway at 70mph (well only marginally more), in Efficiency mode, with speed limiter activated, when hitting heavy traffic and braking to 60mph when I hit the accelerator to pick up speed again it took the car a couple of seconds (which felt longer) to actually respond and accelerate again.

This happened around 3 times o Sunday on the M1 going South.

After the 3rd possibly 4th time it happened I switched the car to auto mode and have not had the issue since after another 400+ miles

Anyone else noticed similar behaviour?

MPG btw was only marginally less on the return run by around 2 mpg (down from 45.1 to 43.2 mpg over 270 miles) so is 'Efficiency' mode really worthwhile?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have tried the 'E' mode and find that it is slow to react to the throttle, I do not like the coasting mode or this delay, I am back with comfort and I find the difference in fuel economy negligible.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CNC said:
I have tried the 'E' mode and find that it is slow to react to the throttle, I do not like the coasting mode or this delay, I am back with comfort and I find the difference in fuel economy negligible.
Agreed on all counts.

Done 1,100 miles this week since Sunday (looking at other cars). All done in auto mode on the S Tronic box and a mixture of rural roads in Norfolk (would hate to drive there everyday) dual carriageway and 'fast' motorway which included several areas of slow/crawling traffic and the average was 43.3 mpg which for me is very good considering the size of the car and engine combination although nowhere near Audi's 'claimed' brochure figures.

·
Registered
9 Posts
That's what I really hate about the Q2, throttle response is all over the place, sometimes you try to accelerate, nothing happens for a good second and if you try press it ever so slightly more, it'll go full throttle, it's a joke really.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I would love to drive manual, but an arthritic left ankle makes this impossible, please don't judge without the facts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.