Audi Q2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car left Ingolstadt nearly a week ago, according to My Audi it's still in Germany.

Does anyone have any idea how long it normally takes from despatch to taking delivery ??

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just had a reply from my dealership - they say it can take up to month to get to the UK, less than 3 weeks to build but another 4 weeks to reach the customer.. Oh well will just have to be patient !!

·
Registered
179 Posts
That seems odd... mine went In Transit on the 29th October (Saturday) and my dealer received it on the 3rd November (Thursday)... I picked it up on the 5th. I think from going to a status of In Transit it was less than 24 hours before it was in the UK.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi Jill.
Mine was due to start being built on 14th November, but actually started getting built just before that, and I had confirmation it left the factory in Ingolstadt actually on 14th November.

I subsequently got confirmation it had arrived at port on 16th. I then started looking online (marinetraffic.com) for details of KESS ships (all of them seem to be called "[something] Highway") heading from Emden to Grimsby.

When I saw "Your Audi" show that it was on its way to the UK it seemed to coincide with one ("Neckar Highway") which left Germany on Saturday 19th and arrived in Grimsby around 8:20pm on Sunday 20th.

This seemed to be the one as it then coincided with it showing as being offloaded at the dock on Monday 21st before that ship headed from Grimsby on to Malmo.

So, at present me and the dealer are just waiting for the car to be transported to them, and I can then start to think about arrangements for collection, hopefully.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Jase _h,

Thanks for the info! mine is still showing as "left Ingolstadt" that was on either Wednesday 16th or Thursday 17th - the day after yours was shown as "arrived at port". I've had no confirmation that its arrived at the port but presume it has !!

Did yours show it was on its way to the UK and that it had arrived in UK on the Your Audi site ??

Anyway - looks like I will just have to be patient!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yes, 3 stages to Section 8 ("In Transit") on "Your Audi":

(i) Your Audi has left Ingolstadt
(ii) Your Audi is on its way to the UK
(iii) Your Audi has arrived in the UK

Mine's currently still showing at (iii), which indicates it's at the port in Grimsby.

Over the weekend once I believed it was on a ship the status had moved to (ii) before moving to (iii) after it had been offloaded.

It was the salesman who emailed me to tell me when it had arrived at the German port.

He keeps telling me I can see more than he can but I don't think so - he also seems to at least maybe have a real-time view, whereas sometimes it's only been updating the status overnight for me.

On some other Audit forums you may see people posting order status codes which can be retrieved in subtle ways via the back-end of the website. I'm presuming these are correct - someone else's information, not mine, but they break the 3 stages above into a little more granularity, and give you 4, covering status 30 to 40.

30 - Your Audi has left Ingolstadt
38 - At Emden
39 - On the boat
40 - Ready for Transport to the dealer
60 - Left UK Port on the way to the dealer
70 - Arrived at dealer - Call to make your collection plans

There have been more complex ways listed on other forums (which didn't work for me) but I discovered there is a simple way by right clicking on the European map at the 'In Transit' stage and selecting 'Properties' - in the pop-up box which appears there will be some text next to "Address: (URL)" - for me in the middle of that it currently says "..........sli-status/40/............."

So, I've been able to follow through from status 38 to 40 - mine's still at status 40 currently, so I'll be interested if I see it at status 60 before the dealer contacts me again, as I'll know it's getting closer!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
A transporter left Edmen yesterday and is due to arrive in Grimsby this morning. No indication its on that as it still states its in transit but nothing to say its even arrived at the port in Germany like other have had on Your Audi.

Its interesting to see all the ships that are in the North sea though !!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
My Q2 is now showing as in transit, present status, in the UK, expecting it at the dealer any day. It was ordered in August, 26th , I think, and given a build date of 14th November, it was actually built a few days earlier and has been on its way to the UK since the 16th.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just got into panel shop 4 days ahead of last quoted date the 5th December which in turn was better than the initial estimate of January 2017!

Estimated dates appear to be mostly pessimistic so that eventual dates make you feel better!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Vern said:
Jill said:
I've finally had notification its on its way to the UK, Hurray !!!
Mine must be on the same journey - it was built a week early so hopefully mid December according to the dealer :)
Vern any news yet?? transport order raised last week but still not with the dealer, was told it would be yesterday but no news yet , 10days prep, 4 days to build and 3 weeks plus to get to the customer, frustrating

1 - 20 of 39 Posts