O2 S Line Black Edition 35 TFSI S tronic

Post pictures of your Audi Q2 here
User avatar
andy.h
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:51 pm

O2 S Line Black Edition 35 TFSI S tronic

Post by andy.h » Thu May 09, 2019 10:55 am

My new Q, it was delivered last week.

IMG_0158.JPG

IMG_0159.JPG

2019 Audi Q2 Black Edition, 35 TFSI, S tronic, Tango Red with 5 Arm Rotor Wheels.


User avatar
ormesome
Posts: 142
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:51 am

Re: O2 S Line Black Edition 35 TFSI S tronic

Post by ormesome » Thu May 09, 2019 11:48 am

Looks great. Just need some black Audi rings for the front and rear now!
Audi Q2 1st Edition - 2.0Tdi Quattro - 190bhp - S-Tronic


User avatar
andy.h
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:51 pm

Re: O2 S Line Black Edition 35 TFSI S tronic

Post by andy.h » Thu May 09, 2019 12:58 pm

ormesome wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 11:48 am
Looks great. Just need some black Audi rings for the front and rear now!

You've read my mind!

I've been looking at black rings for the front, not so sure about the back mainly because they are stuck on and I think it might be quite hard to get them straight, they would have to be close to perfect or it would not look good.
2019 Audi Q2 Black Edition, 35 TFSI, S tronic, Tango Red with 5 Arm Rotor Wheels.


User avatar
ormesome
Posts: 142
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:51 am

Re: O2 S Line Black Edition 35 TFSI S tronic

Post by ormesome » Thu May 09, 2019 1:03 pm

Yep, I agree. I replaced mine around 6months ago now. Super easy to do. The rear one is actually really simple because when you take off the old chrome badge, it leaves a residue. what I did was put black tape on the outer edges, meaning that i could stick my new one on in the same place as the old one. It works.
Here are 2 photos of mine, front and rear. Make sure you get gloss black versions. Matte versions look horrible in my opinion, this is because the car's paint is gloss so the matte effect doesn't really fit in with the gloss effect of the rest of the paint.

You could also add the Audi rings to the rear quarter panel. You might have not have selected then though I guess so that's up to you.

IMG_2360.jpeg

]

IMG_2359.jpeg

Audi Q2 1st Edition - 2.0Tdi Quattro - 190bhp - S-Tronic


User avatar
andy.h
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:51 pm

Re: O2 S Line Black Edition 35 TFSI S tronic

Post by andy.h » Thu May 09, 2019 1:23 pm

ormesome wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 1:03 pm
Yep, I agree. I replaced mine around 6months ago now. Super easy to do. The rear one is actually really simple because when you take off the old chrome badge, it leaves a residue. what I did was put black tape on the outer edges, meaning that i could stick my new one on in the same place as the old one. It works.
Here are 2 photos of mine, front and rear. Make sure you get gloss black versions. Matte versions look horrible in my opinion, this is because the car's paint is gloss so the matte effect doesn't really fit in with the gloss effect of the rest of the paint.


IMG_2360.jpeg[/attachment[attachment=0]IMG_2359.jpeg]

Thanks, that's good to know about the rear badge.
Yes it is gloss black rings I am going to get.
Your car is looking good, I don't know why Audi don't offer black rings as an option.
2019 Audi Q2 Black Edition, 35 TFSI, S tronic, Tango Red with 5 Arm Rotor Wheels.


User avatar
ormesome
Posts: 142
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:51 am

Re: O2 S Line Black Edition 35 TFSI S tronic

Post by ormesome » Thu May 09, 2019 1:59 pm

andy.h wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 1:23 pm
ormesome wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 1:03 pm
Yep, I agree. I replaced mine around 6months ago now. Super easy to do. The rear one is actually really simple because when you take off the old chrome badge, it leaves a residue. what I did was put black tape on the outer edges, meaning that i could stick my new one on in the same place as the old one. It works.
Here are 2 photos of mine, front and rear. Make sure you get gloss black versions. Matte versions look horrible in my opinion, this is because the car's paint is gloss so the matte effect doesn't really fit in with the gloss effect of the rest of the paint.


IMG_2360.jpeg[/attachment[attachment=0]IMG_2359.jpeg]

Thanks, that's good to know about the rear badge.
Yes it is gloss black rings I am going to get.
Your car is looking good, I don't know why Audi don't offer black rings as an option.
Thanks, mate. Yes, it is weird they don't offer them as an option. I think on other models they do though. To be honest, it is the only mod I have done. I doubt I'll do more. I do want to get the Audi Beam door lights done and perhaps reverse camera but not on an "urgent" list of to-dos!

What bhp is yours? 35=?
Audi Q2 1st Edition - 2.0Tdi Quattro - 190bhp - S-Tronic


User avatar
andy.h
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:51 pm

Re: O2 S Line Black Edition 35 TFSI S tronic

Post by andy.h » Thu May 09, 2019 5:05 pm

ormesome wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 1:59 pm
andy.h wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 1:23 pm
ormesome wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 1:03 pm
Yep, I agree. I replaced mine around 6months ago now. Super easy to do. The rear one is actually really simple because when you take off the old chrome badge, it leaves a residue. what I did was put black tape on the outer edges, meaning that i could stick my new one on in the same place as the old one. It works.
Here are 2 photos of mine, front and rear. Make sure you get gloss black versions. Matte versions look horrible in my opinion, this is because the car's paint is gloss so the matte effect doesn't really fit in with the gloss effect of the rest of the paint.


IMG_2360.jpeg[/attachment[attachment=0]IMG_2359.jpeg]

Thanks, that's good to know about the rear badge.
Yes it is gloss black rings I am going to get.
Your car is looking good, I don't know why Audi don't offer black rings as an option.
Thanks, mate. Yes, it is weird they don't offer them as an option. I think on other models they do though. To be honest, it is the only mod I have done. I doubt I'll do more. I do want to get the Audi Beam door lights done and perhaps reverse camera but not on an "urgent" list of to-dos!

What bhp is yours? 35=?
The 35 (1.5) TFSI is 150 bhp, just the same as the previous 1.4 TFSI.

The emissions of the 35 are to the latest euro standards, I would imagine they have had to add a particle filter in the exhaust and adjust the mapping to make them run leaner which is probably the main reason that there have been so many complaints about kangarooing etc. I presume they had to increase it to 1.5L to recover the power that was lost due to the new emission standards.
Hopefully as far as my car is concerned there has been a revision done to new cars as I do not seem to have the problems that some people have been having, time will tell.
2019 Audi Q2 Black Edition, 35 TFSI, S tronic, Tango Red with 5 Arm Rotor Wheels.


testcard
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:59 pm
Location: Northumberland

Re: O2 S Line Black Edition 35 TFSI S tronic

Post by testcard » Thu May 09, 2019 6:46 pm

So no cold start/power loss issues at all? That’s good news, and as you say suggests that new cars are having a software update applied at the factory.
2019 Audi Q2 S line, 35 TFSI. Daytona grey.


User avatar
andy.h
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:51 pm

Re: O2 S Line Black Edition 35 TFSI S tronic

Post by andy.h » Thu May 09, 2019 7:56 pm

testcard wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 6:46 pm
So no cold start/power loss issues at all? That’s good news, and as you say suggests that new cars are having a software update applied at the factory.
As of yet i've not had any kangarooing or instances of the engine nearly cutting out so I'll keep my fingers crossed that they have started updating new cars.
Hard to say about a power loss in second gear, my car is S tronic and it seems to accelerate evenly in every gear but I have only done 300 miles so I'm still taking it easy.
2019 Audi Q2 Black Edition, 35 TFSI, S tronic, Tango Red with 5 Arm Rotor Wheels.


User avatar
andy.h
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:51 pm

Re: O2 S Line Black Edition 35 TFSI S tronic

Post by andy.h » Mon May 20, 2019 9:02 pm

testcard wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 6:46 pm
So no cold start/power loss issues at all? That’s good news, and as you say suggests that new cars are having a software update applied at the factory.

Over the weekend there was a morning when the temp. was down below 10 degrees, for the first 1/4 mile there was a wee bit surging, it was not bad and I'm not sure my wife even noticed it and as I said it went away after a short distance.
2019 Audi Q2 Black Edition, 35 TFSI, S tronic, Tango Red with 5 Arm Rotor Wheels.


Post Reply

Return to “Members Gallery”