Audi Q2 Forum banner

Song and artist detail on radio

27K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Rob_Wakey 
#1 ·
Hi,

I've recently purchased my Q2 and I can't figure out how to get the radio to display the now playing song/artist detail? I've got the 'detailed information' option selected for all my favourite stations, but the only way I can get the info up is if I listen to the radio with radio text on, which is a bit irritating. I've looked in the manual and the only thing it seems to suggest is the detailed info option, from what I can see.

Any ideas? Am I totally missing a setting somewhere? This is my first Audi, so it wouldn't surprise me if I'm doing something wrong!

#3 ·
on the screen there is a + on the right, click the MMI button to the right, it will give you a drop down, click the option you want and it will show the details on the screen when you click back to radio.

#4 ·
This is a copy from the manual, hope it helps further

Radio text
• Select: [RADIO] button > left control button > a
waveband (e.g. FM) > a station.
*• Select: right control button > Radio text.
Additional information on the programme (e.g.
artist, composer, track) is shown.
To browse radio text entries: Turn the rotary
pushbutton clockwise or anti-clockwise.
Important: A radio text entry must be displayed,
and the station must be transmitting a telephone
number, navigation destination or a text message
number as Radio Text Plus information.
I f a location, telephone number or text message
number has been stored for a radio text entry,
the entry will be displayed with a coloured frame.
The following options are available:
CallVStart route guidanceVWrite text message*:
- Select a radio text entry with Radio Text Plus information
and press the rotary pushbutton.
CO
<
O
rN
IV
rN
t-H o <
W This function is only available in the Mexican market.
2 ' Still under development at the time of print.
3) Not in the FM, AM station lists
4 ) Not in the DAB* waveband or in the mixed FM/DAB* station
list.
5) Not in the mixed station list FM/DAB*
6) This function is not available in the Mexican market.
2 2

#7 ·
Thailand, what is DAB+ please? My normal DAB doesn't display anything except the station
Thanks for all your replies on this - further research is also still not giving us a way to do this, a lot of people saying Audi is behind on tech and there isn't a way to do it except on radio text 😢

#10 ·
Seems to be one of the problems with Audi. Pay more and get less in some areas. My kids have both got 2011 SEATs, on an Altea XL, the other an Ibiza. Both cars have song and artist detail scrolling across the screen whilst playing. With my Q2 I can only get Radio Text which, basically, is cr*p.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.