Audi Q2 problems and the horrible customer service of Audi

Faults and Technical chat for the Audi Q2
Urv

Re: Audi Q2 problems and the horrible customer service of Audi

Post by Urv » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:15 pm

Hi from Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom.....saw your post and I contacted my friend who is an Audi Master Technician at my local Audi dealership of 30 plus years experience at Audi, told him your story and he made a few comments.....

"Replacing pads with the same make / brand as came out is no fix. Surely they must have some form of Technical Support like we do. The dealer should be getting them on the case."

"His Audi dealership should record the noise with their frequency recorder and strip / take photos of discs and pads and send off a techinical enquiry to the factory."

"It may be pads or dics or a combination of both or best solution could even require vibration dampers fitted to the callipers"

I hope some of his comments might help you with speaking to your Audi Dealership ?

disappointed

Post by disappointed » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:09 pm

Pinksparkles wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:22 am
Have you had this sorted now??
Went to Audi Center sixth time where they changed all four brake discs. The problem was gone for a month or so, now the problem has reappeared but not as severely. Only once in a while the howling comes back when reversing and it seems like only when it's colder / rainier weather. Haven't decided what to do yet, just hoping the problem will just go away but not sure about that.

disappointed

Post by disappointed » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:11 pm

Urv wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:15 pm
Hi from Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom.....saw your post and I contacted my friend who is an Audi Master Technician at my local Audi dealership of 30 plus years experience at Audi, told him your story and he made a few comments.....

"Replacing pads with the same make / brand as came out is no fix. Surely they must have some form of Technical Support like we do. The dealer should be getting them on the case."

"His Audi dealership should record the noise with their frequency recorder and strip / take photos of discs and pads and send off a techinical enquiry to the factory."

"It may be pads or dics or a combination of both or best solution could even require vibration dampers fitted to the callipers"

I hope some of his comments might help you with speaking to your Audi Dealership ?
Thanks for talking to your friend, I'll pass on the information if I take it back for the seventh time. Update on the situation above.

Macaulay

Post by Macaulay » Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:19 am

There is a recall that might fit your problem...
Make sure that there in not a pending recall for replacement of rear wheel hubs for your vehicle..
Vin numbers between WAUZZZGA3JA025211 and WAUZZZG7A02552
Built between 1/08/2017 and 31/08/2017
A long shot but;
Possible deformation of the rear wheel Berings could cause interference (imperfect alignment) your break pads and discs.

Maggie