Audi Q2 Forum banner

Speakers on SE Model

9K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  q2us3r 
#1 ·
I purchased an SE model because it was already on order by the dealer with lots of extras. The SE specification says it has 4 speakers - I didn't give much thought to this as I ordered a retro-fit satnav which said it included more speakers. Imagine my disappointment later when I found that the 4 speakers in the SE are all in the front -NONE IN THE BACK - and the retro-fit sat nav doesn't change this. My dealer says that although the grills exist in the back there are no speakers or wires and they cannot be retro-fitted.

How, in this day and age, can a carmaker not put speakers in the back of a car which ended up costing £28k - or not have the ability to retro-fit or upgrade them. Very poor!

#2 ·
Agreed very poor indeed.

I had to check the brochure and see what it said. 4 passive speakers. I think you quite reasonably assumed 2. Front. 2 back. I would have.

But this dose not surprise me with AUDI. My last Audi a 2004 model came with a cassette player. When cd's had outsold casssettes by 1993 and pre recorded were not availble after 2000.

Some models of my old car came with 2 front speakers only as well. If it Is any consolation some owners managed to retro fit rear speakers. Granted it was a big pain to get the wiring into the back door.

I doubt Audi will be any help. But if you found a decent veihicle electrician they should be able to do this for you.
I know not a great awnser for a car that cost 28k.

The sound was very important to me so I ordered the bang & olufsen system un heard. But glad I did.

#3 ·
I had the same with my Q2 and the 4 passive speakers at front.
I was able to have an additional two retrofitted on the rear doors, and the sound is much better now.

The only issue I am currently facing is that my Sound fader
https://www.myaudiworld.sg/services/MyGuide-Explore-Your-Audi-Q2-Quick-Start-Infotainment-D
still only allows changing the balance from left to right but NOT front to rear.. Front to Rear is still disabled as it was when I had the 4 passive speakers. I checked with local AUDI dealer and they have no idea how to change that.

Does anyone have an idea what I need to do to enable Front to Rear balance/fader as well?

Thanks!

#7 ·
I have the same issue, i recently bought a used q2 1.0L TFSI and it only has 4 speakers in the front doors and none in the back.....what a disappointment.

i wanted to ask if it is difficult to install an additional 2 speakers in the rear doors? is there any place to mount them?

Anyone that has done it can he walks us through the process ?

#8 ·
Ita doable but not straightforward, the mounts are already in place but it will require new door cards, four speakers, the wiring for those speakers (which need to be re-routed to behind the glove compartment) and coding of the infosystem to activate the new speakers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.