Not remembering 'Drive Select' mode?

Faults and Technical chat for the Audi Q2
Jim D

Re: Not remembering 'Drive Select' mode?

Post by Jim D » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:42 pm

This is a personal bugbear of mine.

My Q2 has recently been in Blackburn Audi for warranty work and I had an A5 as a courtesy. If I set the latter to effi :evil: ciency mode it stays there. My wife's 67 plate A1 also stays there. I really cannot understand why my Q2 cockpit reads efficiency despite resetting EVERY time to D!!!! It really is infuriating. I mentioned it to Glasgow Audi where I bought it and Blackburn and they both gave an "emmissions" excuse, but I'm just not convinced. :cry:

Q2owner

Post by Q2owner » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:00 pm

if i change drive select mode the car remembers that postion , surely your selection on the stronic must be the same
if it does not , that is a backward step or a software error
i would be frustrated with that situation

Jim D

Post by Jim D » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:52 pm

I have to reset the drive select button every time I restart the engine. I had a 16 plate A3, same spec as the Q2 and it remembered the E setting. Audi seem to be aware of the issue with the Q2 but seem reluctant to do anything about it

aidam11

Post by aidam11 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:31 am

I believe there's TPI about this issue.
You can find all factory repair information in Erwin - https://www.erwin.audi.com/erwin/showHome.do (7EUR per hour charge)

DJT

Post by DJT » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:50 pm

silus wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:15 pm

It will still say it is in that mode but only the steering setting is how you left it. Throttle will be back in eco. Nor will you get the ‘E’ next to the gear when it has auto-reverted to eco. It is completely hidden.
Have a glance at the A/C panel. ECO will be illuminated close to the LH knob, if the DS is set to ECO, but the E does not show beside the gear indicator.

Return to “Faults & Technical”