Weird behaviour in Efficiency mode with speed limiter...

Faults and Technical chat for the Audi Q2
OSL282

Weird behaviour in Efficiency mode with speed limiter...

Post by OSL282 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:16 pm

So on a motorway at 70mph (well only marginally more), in Efficiency mode, with speed limiter activated, when hitting heavy traffic and braking to 60mph when I hit the accelerator to pick up speed again it took the car a couple of seconds (which felt longer) to actually respond and accelerate again.

This happened around 3 times o Sunday on the M1 going South.

After the 3rd possibly 4th time it happened I switched the car to auto mode and have not had the issue since after another 400+ miles

Anyone else noticed similar behaviour?

MPG btw was only marginally less on the return run by around 2 mpg (down from 45.1 to 43.2 mpg over 270 miles) so is 'Efficiency' mode really worthwhile?
Audi Q2 1.4 TFSI Sport S Tronic in Tango Red

CNC

Re: Weird behaviour in Efficiency mode with speed limiter...

Post by CNC » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:08 am

I have tried the 'E' mode and find that it is slow to react to the throttle, I do not like the coasting mode or this delay, I am back with comfort and I find the difference in fuel economy negligible.
Q2, 1.4 S Line, S/Tronic, Ara blue with black wrapped vinyl blades, pan roof, Comfort and Tech packs, folding mirrors and heated seats.

OSL282

Post by OSL282 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:41 pm

CNC wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:08 am
I have tried the 'E' mode and find that it is slow to react to the throttle, I do not like the coasting mode or this delay, I am back with comfort and I find the difference in fuel economy negligible.
Agreed on all counts.

Done 1,100 miles this week since Sunday (looking at other cars). All done in auto mode on the S Tronic box and a mixture of rural roads in Norfolk (would hate to drive there everyday) dual carriageway and 'fast' motorway which included several areas of slow/crawling traffic and the average was 43.3 mpg which for me is very good considering the size of the car and engine combination although nowhere near Audi's 'claimed' brochure figures.

disappointed

Post by disappointed » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:41 pm

That's what I really hate about the Q2, throttle response is all over the place, sometimes you try to accelerate, nothing happens for a good second and if you try press it ever so slightly more, it'll go full throttle, it's a joke really.

Squillaudi

Post by Squillaudi » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:29 pm

Who told you guys to buy automatic gearshift ?!

Nothing beats a good old manual shift!

OSL282

Post by OSL282 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:20 am

Squillaudi wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:29 pm
Who told you guys to buy automatic gearshift ?!
My knees......

Ever been stuck in crawling/stop start traffic for a while with arthritic knees?

CNC

Post by CNC » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:35 pm

I would love to drive manual, but an arthritic left ankle makes this impossible, please don't judge without the facts.
Q2, 1.4 S Line, S/Tronic, Ara blue with black wrapped vinyl blades, pan roof, Comfort and Tech packs, folding mirrors and heated seats.

Squillaudi

Post by Squillaudi » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:23 pm

Sorry guys, but it was just a joke. I know and everybody knows that some people have physical body issues that don't let them go to manual driving.

Still... the only solution is to get used to your Q2.

Return to “Faults & Technical”