Rumbling Noise

Faults and Technical chat for the Audi Q2
ziggy21

Rumbling Noise

Post by ziggy21 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:24 am

Hi

I have a rumbling noise coming from my Q2, it seems to be more towards the passenger side. Its only when i go over uneven road surfaces and the best way to describe it is, it sounds like a marble in a tupperware box!! I've had it back to Audi twice, first time they said it was stones in the undertray and just a few weeks ago they couldn't find anything at all even after a road test. I had an A1 for 5 years driving on the exact same roads and never had any problems. I'm loathe to go back to Audi a 3rd time, is anyone else experiencing this? Any thoughts appreciated.

Many thanks

Argyll

Re: Rumbling Noise

Post by Argyll » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:19 pm

I had a very similar issue, mainly at low speed over bumps. Turned out to be the rear seat locking mechanism. It's been adjusted and all is well.

ziggy21

Post by ziggy21 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:04 pm

Thank you, yes it’s more common on low speed! Will wait to see if I get any more replies and think I’ll have to go back to Audi again.

Argyll

Post by Argyll » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:11 pm

There was an earlier post regarding the same thing. From memory, the problem was with the "rear locking mechanism" which I took to mean the boot lock, but maybe it referred to the seat latch?

Return to “Faults & Technical”