Coolant leak

Faults and Technical chat for the Audi Q2
Alanmelon

Coolant leak

Post by Alanmelon » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:17 pm

My 7 month old Q2 has been losing coolant for the last few days. Every couple of days the check coolant alert comes on and the level has dropped. There is some moisture in the tray below the engine but I can't tell if that's just ingress from the road. Otherwise I have no idea where it's leaking.
The next mutually convenient date I can get the dealer to have a look is in a week, during which time I'm reluctant to use the car and keep topping it up. Unfortunately I rely on it each day for commuting to work.
Are Audi known for offering courtesy cars? I'm a bit annoyed that they can't look at it any sooner for what must be a warranty issue.

dtaylor

Re: Coolant leak

Post by dtaylor » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:25 pm

My Audi dealer provides courtesy cars but typically has around a one month lead time before they are available. For an issue like yours I would have thought they would make more effort to accommodate you. You could try other Audi dealerships... no reason to be tired to the one you purchased it from for a warranty fix... maybe one closer to work and in the worst case... they could drop you off and return your car.

Alanmelon

Post by Alanmelon » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:35 am

I've had to leave it with them with fingers crossed that they can squeeze it in sooner. Will have to go to the inconvenience of getting a bus to work.
You're right about the courtesy car, nothing available for weeks. If only you could predict when your almost new car is going to develop a fault. :|

Alanmelon

Post by Alanmelon » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:47 pm

To be fair to the dealership, they seem to have got it sorted for me. Turns out it was a reasonable leak from the water pump housing. Part replaced so fingers crossed.

Return to “Faults & Technical”