Audi Q2 Forum banner

Recalibrate rear parking sensors after repair

10K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  CNC 
#1 ·
I've recently had to have a repair/replacement of the rear bumper after a collision but it seems like the rear parking sensors are out of calibration ever since. They beep erratically and indicate a hazard when nothing's there.
Has anyone had any experience of this or can suggest a fix?

#2 ·
I don't think they need calibrating necessarily. Rather they are damaged or blocked somehow. 2 of my front ones on my A7 were beeping erratically and it turned out there was abit of car wax rubbed into the gap. Who did the work, Audi - if so they should be checking anything like that that.

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply. It wasn't done by the Audi recommended repairer because they seemed pretty awful based on customer service and reviews. Went with a large local firm via insurance company and they've done a really good job. I'll have a closer look to see if there's anything is odd trapped in there.

#5 ·
Have a look at face of the sensor, on a previous A4, they were retro fitted and painted over in body colour, and in time the paint lifted off the plastic surface leaving a small gap, this was enough to give phantom alerts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.