Audi Q2 Forum banner

Audi UTR install... Problems

5K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  IanQ2 
#1 ·
I've just had the Audi Dashcam/UTR installed in my Q2 by the local dealer, which took a lot longer than anticipated after some of the trim clips broke and had to be ordered.
I picked it up this evening and while the dash cam is working as intended, most of the buttons on the centre console which control the MMI are now not working. Also, the screen on/off switch and ? Stability control button next to it seem inoperative. The MMI itself is not frozen because the steering wheel controls still work.
I'm a bit fed up TBH. I imagine something hasn't been reconnected properly but it's a right faff to keep trying to get back to the dealership. Is there a simple fix I can try or are they gonna have to take it apart again?

#3 ·
The centre console is easy to remove to check, it is attached via 4 clips. Best way to remove it is to pop out the gear gaiter then pull up from underneath. It is tight but its a pretty solid piece. the back side will pop out first then the part has two prongs up next to the rubber mat at the front of the cup holder

From memory there is only 3 connectors under it, one for the handbrake, one for the MMI and one for the volume control knob (assuming you don't have push button start). It will be obvious if something isn't connected and you cant connect the wrong things as the plugs are different.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.