Audi Q2 Forum banner

near side mirror angling down in reverse

17K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  lfcrule1972 
#1 ·
Hi guys read in my hand book that on certain models the near side door mirror angles down when enguageing reverse, I have this on my Alpha Spider and find it very useful.
Was wondering has any body got this on there car?
I have a #1 limited edition which is based on the S line so should have most things on there? probably needs coding by Audi to activate it

#5 ·
mr c said:
Right had another go still no joy so now my question is has anyone got the reverse dipping mirror who Hasn't got folding mirrors? as I haven't got folding mirrors so maybe that's why it doesn't work just a stab in the dark
I dont have folding mirrors and it doesnt dip for me, . I dont think it will unless you have the folding mirrors. I am onto my 4th Audi now and never spec folding mirrors and none have ever dipped.

#8 ·
You can actually activate this by using the Carista dongle and App. It won't give you folding mirrors as you don't physically have the motors there to fold them but it will give you the dip when put in reverse. I just activated mine. If you need any help on how to do this or any info on Carista then let me know. It is super easy and Carista also gives you some other little modifications too that are nice.

#12 ·
ormesome said:
You can actually activate this by using the Carista dongle and App. It won't give you folding mirrors as you don't physically have the motors there to fold them but it will give you the dip when put in reverse. I just activated mine. If you need any help on how to do this or any info on Carista then let me know. It is super easy and Carista also gives you some other little modifications too that are nice.
Hi - not sure if you're still on the forum but I'd appreciate your advice. I used Carista to install the mirror dip on my previous S1 and just tried to do the same on my wife's 2019 Q2. Carista claims it's saved the setting but no matter where the mirror selection switch is the dip never activates.

#13 ·
You have to have the mirror in the right/left position so it activates and in reverse. Make sure you fully follow the instructions on Carista for it to work, sometimes it takes 2 attempts. It will work, just persevere. I guess you know what you are doing as you have activated it on your S1 before. Good luck!

#14 ·
Mmm I tried setting it via Carista with the switch on all positions and then tested it in all positions as well - nothing.

Carista told me that I needed the bonnet up to save the change in settings but it didn't make any difference.

Having tried more than twice I'm wondering if it doesn't work on a May 2019 model?

I've messaged Carista as well and I should hear in a couple of days, hopefully.

Thanks again

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.