Need Audi MMI GPS map for Sri Lanka

Faults and Technical chat for the Audi Q2
NerveGas

Need Audi MMI GPS map for Sri Lanka

Post by NerveGas » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:47 am

I own Audi Q2 1.0 TFSI 2017 (Dec made) - It was Imported from Japan. I need to use Google Maps in virtual cockpit (MMI) but I assume there are only Japanese maps are installed as Google Maps are getting stuck in the start. Please help me to get Sri Lankan map so I could update MMI with USB drive.
(I cannot register in myaudi as Sri Lanka is not shown in the country list.) Any registered member please help me. Thanking you

ormesome

Re: Need Audi MMI GPS map for Sri Lanka

Post by ormesome » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:23 am

On My Audi website you can select a different country and register. Just use the UK or something and then put in your VIN number which is usually on the window front screen. If this doesn't work then im out of ideas. If you don't have the tech pack, for example 8inch screen and I think Virtual Cockpit then you might have the internal hard drive sat nav system. Thi swill mean you can only update the system via Audi directly and NOT online. Be repaired to pay around 300pounds for this update. NO update can be made without Audi, A USB with map download from a. dodgy site does not work. 10yrs ago maybe but now everything is protected. If you have no dealer in your country then I suggest contacting Audi directly online or Germany. They will help. Be more aware of social media. You have posted on a forum that gets nearly no media coverage. Go to Facebook or Twitter and message Audi directly and publicly on their page. You WILL get a reply. Better than most of us guessing an answer! Good luck!

NerveGas

Post by NerveGas » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:06 pm

Thanks for the advice given - Now this is the update of my situation
1. Tried to register in myaudi but it does not recognize VIN of my Q2 ( Possible reason is this vehicle is made for Japanese market so it recognize only registration from Japanese IP)
2.I called Audi Authorized Agent in Sri Lanka - I was told no navigation allowed for those Q2 imported specially Sri Lankan market so they don't have any Idea about what I say.
Anyway what I feel is Audi is HARSH.
What I am planning to do is flash MMI with new updated software - I hope I will find somebody here who does it.

EAP

Post by EAP » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:37 pm

Please inbox me your contact number and I shall pass you some contact details of a person who might be able to assist you in SRI LANKA

Return to “Faults & Technical”