Help! Q2 automatic makes it Impossible to climb a hill slowly.

Faults and Technical chat for the Audi Q2
ROBAD

Help! Q2 automatic makes it Impossible to climb a hill slowly.

Post by ROBAD » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:53 pm

I have an underground garage with a steep and narrow ramp with curves. Hence I have to go very slowly and carefully.

On my previous car (an automatic Saab Aero) I would just give some throttle and brake at the same time to control speed.

The throttle of my Q2, however, cuts off when I brake, making the whole exercise jerky and quite unpleasant.

Am I the only one to encounter this problem, and had anyone found a solution? Is it possible to eliminate that throttle cut-out somehow?

Any and all suggestions much appreciated.

R

2019 Q2 1.0 Automatic

aidam11

Re: Help! Q2 automatic makes it Impossible to climb a hill slowly.

Post by aidam11 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:33 am

Put it in manual and climb it in 1st gear. Hold assist will engage if you stop fully in a steep climb.
I don't get it why would you push throttle and brake at the same time on any car.

andy.h

Post by andy.h » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:56 pm

I'm not really surprised this happens as most cars nowadays stop injecting fuel into the engine when you are braking to save fuel and reduce emissions.
2019 Audi Q2 S Line Black Edition, 35 TFSI, S tronic, Tango Red with 5 Arm Rotor Wheels.

IanQ2

Post by IanQ2 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:41 pm

Have you tried letting the car pull itself? It should crawl along on its own if hill hold is off (if you have this option on your car) and should be relatively easy to control.

Return to “Faults & Technical”