Hello - recent Q2 owner and having major sat nav issues

New to the Audi Q2 Forums? Introduce yourself here
SarahM

Hello - recent Q2 owner and having major sat nav issues

Post by SarahM » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:43 pm

Hi - I recently became the owner of a used (67 plate) Q2 TFSI Sport after having an A3 for a number of years. I love the Q2 so far but the sat nav is driving me to distraction. How on earth do I get it to work? The Audi dealer supplied the MMI Navigation sim card but the sat nav just doesn't work. The SIM card case has the Activation Code, Number and Pin detailed in the sleeve of the case but I never get prompted to enter it. All the screen says is Navigation not enabled.

I have connected my iPhone via Bluetooth, managed to get the pairing code from the Audi app (the MyAudi webpage never gave it) but again, I am never prompted to enter the pairing code.

I have done a factory reset on the MMI system thing, but again I just can't get it to work. I have watched a few videos on You Tube (shouldn't really have to do that to be honest!) but with no joy.

Does anyone know:
1. Do I need my phone connected in order for the sat nav to work, even thought the sat nav is on a separate sim card in the glove box?

2. Does anyone know how I get to be prompted to put in either the sat nav activiation code, number or Pin. Or get to put in the Pairing PIN from MyAudi?

I seriously never thought getting logged into a sat nav system would be so difficult! Sat nav is not new tech but Audi seem to have made it unnecessarily complicated and to be honest it's starting to ruin my Q2 experience.

Sorry that my first post here is rather on the negative side but if anyone has any tips or advice I would very much welcome it, as I'm starting to lose my patience with it now!

Many thanks in advance,
Sarah

andy.h

Re: Hello - recent Q2 owner and having major sat nav issues

Post by andy.h » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:36 pm

Hi,

I don't connect my phone for the Sat Nav to work, it sounds to me like you should get the dealer you bought the car from to set it up for you.

I hope you get it sorted soon and continue to like your Q2.
2019 Audi Q2 Black Edition, 35 TFSI, S tronic, Tango Red with 5 Arm Rotor Wheels.

ormesome

Post by ormesome » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:08 am

Ok so , no SIM card should be used for the sat nav. You must mean SD Card? Phone, app or anything like that has nothing to do with Sat Nav. You need to get to Audi or the dealer to get them to activate it. Its exactly like the facelift A3. I had an A3 PFL and its super similar. I would be questioning the delealers competence over this. The navigation needs to be coded and activated by Audi themselves, it is not something you can do. It cannot be hacked or self-activated or paired. You need 2 procedures doing, Sat Nava ctivationa and then SD Card paired to the cars MMI. Both of these need the dealers authorisation and coding.
Audi Q2 1st Edition - 2.0Tdi Quattro - 190bhp - S-Tronic

SarahM

Post by SarahM » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:33 am

Thanks andy.h and ormesome for your replies and for clarifying matters - yes I did mean SD card rather than sim - sorry!

I've contacted the Audi dealer I bought the car from and asked them to sort it.

Thanks again,
Sarah

ormesome

Post by ormesome » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:59 am

SarahM wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:33 am
Thanks andy.h and ormesome for your replies and for clarifying matters - yes I did mean SD card rather than sim - sorry!

I've contacted the Audi dealer I bought the car from and asked them to sort it.

Thanks again,
Sarah
Great. Hope it works out. Your talking at the very least 500pounds to do this if you need it activating and then maps pairing to your car so I hope it works. Do you have the tech pack? ie virtual cockpit? if you do have this then maps are downloadable for free form the MMI or the myaudi website. If not then each SD card will set you back 250ish.

SarahM

Post by SarahM » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:24 am

I've contacted the dealer and they will activate it for me - just need to book it in. I'm hoping it won't cost me £500 as it should have been activated and working ready for when I collected it less than 2 weeks ago! I don't have the virtual cockpit. The SD card that they did give me (unactivated as it turns out!!) has 2019 on the case and I had to break the seal on the inside information leaflet where the activation codes are, so
it looks new and so the SD card should be fairly up to date for when I do get it working - fingers crossed!

Thanks again for the info :)

ormesome

Post by ormesome » Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:48 pm

SarahM wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:24 am
I've contacted the dealer and they will activate it for me - just need to book it in. I'm hoping it won't cost me £500 as it should have been activated and working ready for when I collected it less than 2 weeks ago! I don't have the virtual cockpit. The SD card that they did give me (unactivated as it turns out!!) has 2019 on the case and I had to break the seal on the inside information leaflet where the activation codes are, so
it looks new and so the SD card should be fairly up to date for when I do get it working - fingers crossed!

Thanks again for the info :)
Great. Glad the dealer has been a little more supportive now. Hope you get it sorted. Defo check the car advert so that if they claim you have to pay you can then claim that it was advertised with Sat Nav.

Sealed SD Card means that it was never used so it is brand new and not paired to any other car. 2019 is the current and up to date maps. Weird that its a 67 plate and that those maps were not activated. Either the previous owner bought them and never activated it or the dealer just threw the maps in with your deal. Do you not have a different SD Card in the MMI in the glovebox? a 2017 SD Card?

Return to “Introductions”