Ordered black edition Ara blue

New to the Audi Q2 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Deleted User 1306

Ordered black edition Ara blue

Post by Deleted User 1306 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:02 pm

Hi all,just ordered a Q2 black edition in Ara blue 35 petrol.Car is due for delivery 30th September and can I ask if there are any tips on the vehicle and opinions as well as any additions I should make for added bling?Thank you👍

Geh2020

Re: Ordered black edition Ara blue

Post by Geh2020 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:47 am

Hi,

Great choice buying the Black Edition, and in the blue the car will look amazing. I have seen a few Q2’s where the badges on the boot have been removed, and it does look easier on the eye, so consider that. Also look at the carbon fibre mirror covers as they are worth adding - my cars in black so I haven’t changed them. Look at eBay for copies, as well as Audi dealers selling originals at a good price, also on eBay. The rear blades look good in carbon fibre, but are hideously expensive, so consider wrapping these, and at the same time, rather than buy the covers, get these done.

If possible, I would add the space saver spare and jack as at £125 is worth getting and way cheaper than buying afterwards - I found that out to my cost!

And my last advice as it annoys me that so many people get ripped of when buying a car, don’t buy Gap insurance, smart repair or any other extra from the dealer as you will pay two or even three times the price for these compared to buying from other providers. Paint protection is a complete waste of money and usually applied by a five year old, so spend the money on getting the car detailed professionally as it’s way better and often much cheaper that the £499 you will pay for LifeShine or similar.

Enjoy the car and welcome to the forum.
2020 Q2 35 tfsi Black Edition s-tronic, Mythos Black and climate control.

Mods so far using Carista, needle sweep on startup.

Deleted User 1306

Post by Deleted User 1306 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:43 am

Hi,thanks for replying and sound advice I’m looking forward to delivery day👍

Deleted User 1306

Post by Deleted User 1306 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:14 pm

Geh2020 wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:47 am
Hi,

Great choice buying the Black Edition, and in the blue the car will look amazing. I have seen a few Q2’s where the badges on the boot have been removed, and it does look easier on the eye, so consider that. Also look at the carbon fibre mirror covers as they are worth adding - my cars in black so I haven’t changed them. Look at eBay for copies, as well as Audi dealers selling originals at a good price, also on eBay. The rear blades look good in carbon fibre, but are hideously expensive, so consider wrapping these, and at the same time, rather than buy the covers, get these done.

If possible, I would add the space saver spare and jack as at £125 is worth getting and way cheaper than buying afterwards - I found that out to my cost!

And my last advice as it annoys me that so many people get ripped of when buying a car, don’t buy Gap insurance, smart repair or any other extra from the dealer as you will pay two or even three times the price for these compared to buying from other providers. Paint protection is a complete waste of money and usually applied by a five year old, so spend the money on getting the car detailed professionally as it’s way better and often much cheaper that the £499 you will pay for LifeShine or similar.

Geh2020 wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:47 am
Hi,

Hi,can I ask what mpg your getting as I too have ordered the 35?I had a choice of two cars which was a bmw 2 series gran coupe M sport which has much more tech that Audi charge you for via packs however I prefer the look of the black edition Q2 but no heated seats and manual air con is rather stingy.

Geh2020

Post by Geh2020 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:17 am

Hi,

I’m getting around 42-45 mpg and this is based on my journeys that are usually no longer that 20 miles. Agree the manual a/c is stingy and should be standard! I added the automatic a/c at £525 as I had this on my previous Audi’s, so would miss it, but did grizzle about the cost!
2020 Q2 35 tfsi Black Edition s-tronic, Mythos Black and climate control.

Mods so far using Carista, needle sweep on startup.