My 2nd Q2

New to the Audi Q2 Forums? Introduce yourself here
CarolShek

My 2nd Q2

Post by CarolShek » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:01 pm

Hi All, I'm a newbie to this forum even though I've had my Q2 for 3 years. So here's my story .......

I bought my very first Q2 Sport in black brand new. As soon as I bought it I got my rear windows tinted and my silver rear panels wrapped in black to match the body. I went from a Mazda 2 to this car so it was a huge jump and I loved it and still do to a degree. Her name is Ebony just because she's all black :lol:

So I've now decided 3 years down the line I'm changing, this car needs new tyres and has a wee trolley ding :evil: in one of my panels so my dealer contacted me asking if I wanted a change so long story short ........... I'm now getting another new Audi Q2 but this time in nano grey! I should get it in a week or so.

The only changes from Ebony to this new one I'm getting is the wing mirrors are electric and the also the boot.

Think it works out an extra £40 month in my payments. I am aware the new revamped Q2 comes out next month but with the price increases it's out my price range or I'd have loved to have had the new features.

I love my Audi, it's reliability and it's comfort but I don't know why I'm just not as excited about my impending new car coming ........ do you think it's because I'm not getting a new type of car etc? It's just there was nothing else out there I liked more than what I already have, that I could afford. I test drove the new Puma and hated it :(

Hoping you guys can cheer me up at a time I should be excited and looking forward to continuing to own a fabulous car.

Thanks

Cx

Geh2020

Re: My 2nd Q2

Post by Geh2020 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:59 pm

Hi,

Welcome to the forum.
I was thinking of waiting for the face lifted model, but the deal on the current one was too good to turn down - I saved over £5000 buying the current model that was made up with £3000 finance contribution from Audi and a further £2000 discount using Carwow. I can live with the current model as the changes are not major, although virtual dash would be nice to have.

I keep banging about my pet topic, so please don’t buy Gap, paint projection, wheel and tyre insurance or Smart Repair from the dealer as they will cost you thousands. They will add these to the finance quote even though you said no - technically against the finance regulations - so be aware of the sly salesperson bumping up their commission by selling these over priced products and hiding them in the monthly cost. You will be amazed how much lower your monthly payments will be if you don’t buy their offering, and buy elsewhere. My quote without Gap, wheel/tyre, paint protection, and Smart repair (total cost was £2000) was £57 per month less after I said I don’t want them. You do the numbers over 3 years! All of these are available online from reputable companies such as ALA for a fraction of the price. An example was Gap at £599 from the dealer, but buying online was £175 and had better cover!

Enjoy the car.
2020 Q2 35 tfsi Black Edition s-tronic, Mythos Black and climate control.

Mods so far using Carista, needle sweep on startup.

CarolShek

Post by CarolShek » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:57 am

Hi there, yip, totally agree, I got (well I hope) a half decent deal too, I got £500 dealer discount, £1200 Finance Dept allowance and £2500 Audi finance Contibution. Maybe in a few years I'll be able to afford the new face lift model :-) However I must admit, I'm curious to see what Audi's plans are for the 'new' A2! I had one 2 cars before this and I loved it, wouldn't have sold it if it wasn't so old ......

Geh2020

Post by Geh2020 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:40 am

Hi,

I did check Carwow yesterday and the discounts have been reduced to around £4K, so yes you’ve done well. Just avoid any extras as that will wipe out your discounts. The sales person will try their hardest to sell these again when you collect the car.

The A2 was a great car, and even today when I see one, it makes me smile as I love the shape. I guess the concept was too early to catch on and the price was way above similar sized cars. I remember last year when I was on holiday in Cornwall and saw three A2’s parked outside a house and had to take a picture.

F2EDA532-205F-420F-B855-2AA2BD3694C5.jpeg

2020 Q2 35 tfsi Black Edition s-tronic, Mythos Black and climate control.

Mods so far using Carista, needle sweep on startup.

CarolShek

Post by CarolShek » Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:04 pm

awe wow, the black one looks just like my old one.