Audi Q2 Forum banner

Hello from a happy SQ2 2019 owner

5K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  ormesome 
#1 ·
Hello fellow Q2 owners. I just stumbled across this forum while researching options for a roof box for my SQ2. What a fantastic treasure trove of info there is here!

I bought my SQ2 in Jan 2020. It's slightly unusual in that it was the ex Audi UK PR car. You'll see photos of it in most of the various SQ2 launch reviews online. Spec-wise it's essentially Vorsprung, although no sunroof. I bought it after my S3 was stolen from my driveway at home :cry: It was an interesting transition. Overall I"ve come to prefer the SQ2, although still can't understand why Audi cheapened the door trims with hard plastic even on the highest spec model.

So regarding roof boxes. I've ordered the Audi original roof bars at a fairly reasonable price from Jardine Motors (BTW they are also currently selling the boot liner for about £55 down from £90 which is a good investment imo).

Now to buy a box. I'm leaning towards a Thule Ocean as recommended elsewhere here, however does anyone have any idea whether the Ocean 200 would be too big for the SQ2? I want to get a decent sized one for an upcoming family camping trip - we've accumulated a LOT of kit to take with us! - but concerned the 200 might be too big.

Any insights would be gratefully appreciated.

See less See more
#3 ·
My top tip, don't buy Audi bars. They aren't as compatible with other cars so when you come to change cars you will have to buy new bars, get Thule ones and then you only need to change minimal parts, therefore less cash in the long run. Also, the Thule bars are much better looking. The Audi bars look very very strange, almost upright at a direct angle.

#4 ·
ormesome said:
My top tip, don't buy Audi bars. They aren't as compatible with other cars so when you come to change cars you will have to buy new bars, get Thule ones and then you only need to change minimal parts, therefore less cash in the long run. Also, the Thule bars are much better looking. The Audi bars look very very strange, almost upright at a direct angle.
Too late. The bars just arrived yesterday. I haven't attached them yet as don't need them for a while.
Still puzzling about the roof box. I'll buy a Thule of some kind and post a picture for reference.

#5 ·
Personally i would go down your local Audi dealer and get to try the different sizes of boxes and then see which fit. I had a Thule Ranger 90 it fit fine but it is a small box. The problem i think you will have is that the rear clearance is quite long but the front isn't, as you can see in my photo below. You need a box with a longer rear than front and for it to line up on the bars ok, The Q2 isn't the best designed for roof bars and boxes I don't think.

Car Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Wheel

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.