New Q2 Has Been Delivered

New to the Audi Q2 Forums? Introduce yourself here
DHO51E

New Q2 Has Been Delivered

Post by DHO51E » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:33 am

Hi. Went to Audi 8 weeks ago to swap my partners 3 year old Q5 Plus for a new Q5 petrol. Primarily because it's a diesel, it's a VAG diesel and since the emissions upgrade(?), it runs like a bus with fuel consumption vastly reduced. Looked at the new Q5 and it looked huge; Much bigger that ours. She saw a Q2, asked what it was. Took a test drive in a 1.4 TFSI and she was hooked. Me too. Thought it drove beautifully and the 1.4 pulled nicely. Ordered a week later and was surprised that 7 weeks later, the car was ready to pick up (Never got the build tracking info). Picked it up on Saturday 27th May.
It's a 1.4 TFSI COD S-Line S-Tronic. Mythos black. 19" Y-spoke alloys.Leather/ Alcantara. Tech pack. Virtual dash. Heated seats. Extended upholstery. LED pack. Advanced cruise. Lane assist. Park assist. Lumbar support. 40:20:40 rear. Electric tailgate. Advanced key. 3-spoke wheel with paddles. Wireless charging. Climate. Electric folding mirrors. High beam assist. Hill hold assist. Privacy glass. Space saver. Storage & USB pack. Had B&O on the Q5 and although good, never used it to its max often enough so went for the Audi sound system this time. Actually quite good!

Squillaudi

Re: New Q2 Has Been Delivered

Post by Squillaudi » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:01 pm

Congrats!

Pictures?

Dave

Post by Dave » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:05 pm

Sounds like a smashing spec.

Enjoy your new car :)
1.4 TFSI Tango Red 7 speed S tronic sport
Virtual cockpit LED headlights LED interior lighting, Milano leather, bang & Olufsen, drivers assistance pack advanced, high beam assist, light and rain sensors, adaptive cruise control and space saver wheel

DHO51E

Post by DHO51E » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:00 pm

A couple of pictures. My old '03 Avus TT Mk1 in the background.
She is really pleased with the car. I have driven it a couple of times and that 1.4 is a cracking little engine.
Just spent the weekend setting the damn thing up in terms of Smartphone Interface and all the other clever stuff.
Have tried the Advanced Cruise Control in traffic and it spookily effective. Also tried the Park Assist. Now that is scary!
Fitted my Blackvue camera into it over the weekend and set up Cloud access so she can see who's looking at the car whilst she is shopping!!!
I have 2 problems with the car; The door panels make the Q5's look like a Bentley, and other drivers get so close to the back as they wonder what the car is!

Q2-2.jpg

Q2-1.jpg

Q2-3.png

yaz2010

Post by yaz2010 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:45 pm

Great car DHO51E. Congrats.

Did u fit the camera yourself or used a company.

I am confused as to whether go for halfords with the blackvue dual channel cam and pay them £30 to hard wire it or go with thinkware f770 and get rac to fit them.

DHO51E

Post by DHO51E » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:46 am

Hi yaz2010. I fitted the dashcam myself as I had done in my previous Q5.
The biggest problem with any dashcam install is providing power to the device.
I followed the excellent advice given by danielry in the main Q2 chat forum for fuse box connection. Excellent post.
The fron Blackvue install is really easy (Took about 1 hour) but i'm guessing the rear install may be a bit more difficult although another member on here has also posted a guide. Not sure who (Apologies) but a quick search should find both.
Wouldn't drive without a dash cam. Had the Q5 for 3 weeks when a woman rolled into the back of it. Claimed that my partner had rolled back. Partner pointed to dashcam. Said it would show the Q5 as stationary when hit. Woman provided details. Case settled.

AlphonsoFor

Post by AlphonsoFor » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:02 am

Oh nice! bet the neighbours are jelly.

Return to “Introductions”