A1 to Q2 in 6 days

New to the Audi Q2 Forums? Introduce yourself here
AndyH

A1 to Q2 in 6 days

Post by AndyH » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:56 pm

Hi,

After reading all the posts about the long build cycle I feel very lucky about going from never heard of the Q2 to becoming an owner in 6 days.

Yesterday, I went to my local Audi dealer to swap out my A1 S Line.

I had fallen in love with the Audi virtual cockpit when I had a courtesy A4 Quattro during my last A1 service, so was hoping I'd be able to make the leap to an A3.

After a brief conversation, the sales rep told me about the Q2. We did a spec price comparison between an A3 and the Q2. The A3 was a fair bit cheaper. However, the A3 was a factory build-to-order, the Q2 was "already in the system". As I wasn't in a hurry, I chose the A3 and off goes the rep.

5 minutes later he came back to tell me that they would prefer me to take the Q2 as it was already in the system (and no doubt they'd get commission this side of the year) and would do it at same contribution and monthly costs as the A3 - on the condition that I took delivery before the end of November (6 days).

So went for a test drive in the Q2, loved it and have the following spec coming on Thursday.

Audi Q2 1.4 TFSI 150 S Line Tech Pack S Tronic CoD
- Daytona Grey
- Black and Rock Grey stitching
- Power Operated Tailgate
- Folding Door Mirrors and Auto-dimming Function
- Audi Parking System Plus
- Advanced Key
- Auto-dimming Rear View Mirror
- Flat Bottom Steering Wheel

Don't know if it was BS about the "build to order" versus "already in the system" shenanigans but very happy to be joining the Q2 club all the same and can't wait until this Thursday to get my hands on it.

OSL282

Re: A1 to Q2 in 6 days

Post by OSL282 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:19 pm

Enjoy, the 1.4 TFSI engine married to the S Tronic is a very 'nippy' car which handles well on the road.
Audi Q2 1.4 TFSI Sport S Tronic in Tango Red

Return to “Introductions”