Audi Q2 Forum banner

Disc corrosion on new Q2?

7K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  A7YJJ 
#1 ·
I have a Q2 bought new November 2017. Each day the car breaks make a noise like new break pads are needed. The noise continues throughout the day but reduces in noise as I drive. Just back from two weeks holiday and the noise was horrendous. I was nervous about driving the car. Audi say this is normal but I've never had it before, including my last Audi A3 unless the break pads needed changing. Does anyone know if this is normal?

#3 ·
Thank you for you're reply. I'm unfortunately not a mechanic but I've had lots of cars, including an A3 and various hire cars but none have ever made this noise unless they have needed new brake pads. Audi say a check has shown everything is ok and I'm concerned I'll have to keep the car and there is a real problem and the noise will stay forever . I've done approx 1,200 miles but the noise started within the first month of buying the car. Not sure what to do now. But thank you for your reply - good to know yours doesn't make a noise.

#4 ·
I've discovered after doing 1,200 miles and owning a brand new car for 3 months the breaks need changing because of corrosion and the work isn't covered by the warranty. I thought better of Audi. Not any more. It's my 2nd new Audi and probably will be my last!!

#5 ·
Not had this problem on our Q2. Brakes can feel a little corroded next morning after a car wash, or heavy rain, but feel smooth again after just one application while driving. Nevertheless, I do feel Audi could have used better quality brake pads on what is supposed to be a premium SUV.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.