Picking up Q2 this weekend

New to the Audi Q2 Forums? Introduce yourself here
ZoeQ2

Picking up Q2 this weekend

Post by ZoeQ2 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:39 pm

Hi

I'm picking up a nearly new 2108 AUDI Q2 SPORT 1.4 TFSI CYLINDER ON DEMAND 150 PS S TRONIC on Saturday. Ive test drove similar but not this actual car. I have couple of questions if anyone could help.

Are the wing mirrors electric?
I'm thinking of having a reversing camera retro fitted. Anyone done this, if so which one would you recommend? Or have you gone for the halfords option of having it mounted on the dash?

Thanks

Zoe

mr c

Re: Picking up Q2 this weekend

Post by mr c » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:16 pm

Hi Zoe
Are the wing mirrors electric ?
depends what you mean they are electric in as much as adustment to see, but if you mean electric folding in no they are not standard, but maybe on the one your having

I have had a rear view camera retro fitted, my local guy quoted me £600 but it wasn’t the Audi one where the grid turns with your steering so I decided to go the whole hog and had a company called Hazydazs not cheap but the proper Audi one they do a fantastic job and has a two year warranty.

ZoeQ2

Post by ZoeQ2 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:41 pm

Thanks for reply. I meant folding, sorry should’ve clarified.. ah ok, mine probably doesn’t have then! I don’t love an Audi but they’re mean with the frills...

I will look in to camera more but more than £600 😬!

mr c

Post by mr c » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:39 am

Audi certainly are mean with there frills I couldn't believe the S Line doesn't come with climate as standard, and yes the camera was a lot more than £600 try £900 but I live in South East Wales and there London way and they came to me, so would be cheaper going to there workshop but don't know by how much.
There is a fair bit or wiring do do its not just plug and play as most cars would be the fitter was hear good 3 hours, my view would be think if you really need the camera its money you won't get back when trading it in, also how long will you keep the car if your one to hang on to your car well then it might be worth the investment.

ormesome

Post by ormesome » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:51 am

Agree with Mr C. on this. I had an A3 recently, 3 month before I sold it I had the Sat Nav activated at the cost of 500pounds! upgraded 1 month ago to the Q2 and didn't get anything extra price wise for my A3 so it really wasn't worth the cost. If I had kept in then yes its worth it but not if you know your going to get rid of it.

Having said this, I would love a camera. The Q2 is quite difficult to see out of compared to other cars, especially those rear quarters. Its fine with parking sensors but would be great with camera. Im being picky though and just wanting more! I had electric folding mirrors in the A3, don't in the Q2, and I don't miss them. down really care. The only time I needed them was at the car wash. The passengers side dip on reverse can be activated easily via VCDS or Carista so its not a big deal breaker!

Return to “Introductions”