Q2 + Apple CarPlay

All Audi Q2 related discussions
silus

Q2 + Apple CarPlay

Post by silus » Thu May 18, 2017 9:18 am

Loving the CarPlay integration in the Q2, it makes such a massive difference.

Has anyone figured out if there's a way to quickly switch the cursor over to the right hand side of the screen, where the list of recently used apps/home button is?

At the moment say you're in spotify and in the middle of a long play list you have to scroll all the way up the list with the dial before you can move over to the side? Is there a way to quickly jump over?

Chopdog

Re: Q2 + Apple CarPlay

Post by Chopdog » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:49 pm

Theres no quick way.

Question - do you have any issues with your CarPlay in your Q2? We are having all sorts of problems with it getting stuck in CarPlay mode, or unable to access CarPlay. Seems like we either have a Friday afternoon car, or it's a more common problem with Q2 and MMI. Would love your input.

Take a look : viewtopic.php?f=11&t=623&p=3077&hilit=carplay#p3077

silus

Post by silus » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:48 pm

The only car play ‘faults’ I have are actually down to the iPhone.

For example, if I have opened maps and plugged in a destination before hooking the usb cable up, car play won’t load. I have to make sure maps isn’t loaded with a destination before connecting it.

There has been a handful of other instances where CarPlay wouldn’t load and maps hasn’t already been open, and I had to disconnect and reconnect the phone to get it to load. It’s not a common occurrence though and I don’t know what to do to force it to happen again reliably.

Chopdog

Post by Chopdog » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:36 am

Here's a video of one of the CarPlay issues. One of many.

https://youtu.be/gV7bztqsyNc

After 8 months campaigning, the UK dealership is FINALLY letting me have another Q2 to test that it's a common software fault and not a fault with this car.

Squillaudi

Post by Squillaudi » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:24 pm

Chopdog wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:36 am
Here's a video of one of the CarPlay issues. One of many.

https://youtu.be/gV7bztqsyNc

After 8 months campaigning, the UK dealership is FINALLY letting me have another Q2 to test that it's a common software fault and not a fault with this car.
Have you tried to reset the MMI ?

Chopdog

Post by Chopdog » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:26 pm

Absolutely - it's not a reset problem. It's a fundamental build issue (the CarPlay one).

The general design faults with the MMI can't be overcome with a reset. They need the software people to actually use their product and they will realise it's not really fit for purpose at this point. Certainly not for bluetooth or USB connected devices.

Chopdog

Post by Chopdog » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:31 pm

I demonstrated the MMI flaws to the dealership and they agreed it was pretty poor.... but I actually want to use this and they said most people don't actually use bluetooth and cable, and just are happy with radio.

Which isn't a particularly good answer!

Squillaudi

Post by Squillaudi » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:41 pm

You can't force Audi to correct something just because you don't like the ergonomics of the thing. If something isn't broken, or present bugs, it isn't a "fault". I also agree that the music part of MMI is not the must intuitive. Navigation through albums and artists and songs isn't easy. However, it's how it was designed and the only thing we can hope is for improvements in future updates.

But if your CarPlay isn't working properly, then yes you should talk to Audi / your dealer and they have to find a solution. In my case, CarPlay works perfectly. There are a couple of things I wish they'd made different but, it is what it is...

OSL282

Post by OSL282 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:24 pm

You won't like the following comments guys but I have a lot of years of driving behind me.

For me, a car is a machine to get you from A-B, not a mobile juke box. All these modern addons like car play et al, are a distraction which like a mobile phone, should not be used whilst driving anyway and the driver of the car should be concentrating on the road ahead, at the sides and behind at all times to ensure the safety of themselves and other road users.
Audi Q2 1.4 TFSI Sport S Tronic in Tango Red

Squillaudi

Post by Squillaudi » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:14 pm

Well... welcome to 1950.

Music is a distraction?
A phone call is a distraction? How is it different from talking to your wife next to you? And to make or answer a call, you press a button. How is it different from pressing the button to turn on the heat in winter?

Give me a break...

I'am not saying it's your case, but some people never should have got a drivers licence. If the must little thing is a distraction for them and can't do different things at the same time (I'm not saying using the phone for social media is one of these), they shouldn't be allowed to drive a car. Period.

There's a difference between acting like a momia and being concentrated/focused on the road.

Return to “Main Audi Q2 chat”