Re new 35 1.5 TFSI Engines

All Audi Q2 related discussions
Delstron

Re: Re new 35 1.5 TFSI Engines

Post by Delstron » Wed May 08, 2019 1:16 pm

Hi Karen
You can read my comments earlier in this thread. Big shock for me after an A1 1.4TFI to find my new Q2 1.5 so hard to drive at very low speed. Once above about 10MPH and when warm it is fine, so nowhere as bad as SimonS car. After 6 weeks and probaby modifying my driving style to accomodate its failings I am getting used to it. If another driver jumps in, they cannot drive it away smoothly, so its not me. Dealers are denying any reports of issues, mind you the dealer in Stoke (sales manager) was not aware that a 1.5 engine existed and tried three times to convince me I was mistaken. I made him log on to their own webside and showed him.

Karen, it looks like your car is worse than mine and similar to SimonS experience. This means that rejection should be straightforward as long as you are polite but firm, if you want to pursue this route. Please report back what you find and particularly if there is any acceptance from Audi that a problem exists or if a fix is available.

SimonS, pleased to see your rejection went well.

Thanks

Karen0204

Post by Karen0204 » Mon May 13, 2019 9:17 pm

Hi
I have today informed my Audi dealer of the issue.
To be fair to them, they acknowledged they had seen the issue with one other car. My car is going in next week for investigation. They did say even if no fault found, they would also assess its drivability and then either contact Audi for a temp replacement car or wait for the fix. I haven't yet mentioned rejecting the car but will do so in my next email.
They did also say there is no immediate solution for Audi vehicles. I can work with honesty
Weirdly/coincidentally ? in the warmer weather, its kangarooing is significantly reduced, it drives better and doesn't feel like it Is going to stall. Is this common?
I actually believe it doesn't affects all 35tfsi . So has anybody got any answer as to why not?

SimonS

Post by SimonS » Mon May 13, 2019 11:25 pm

Karen0204 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 9:17 pm
Hi
I have today informed my Audi dealer of the issue.
To be fair to them, they acknowledged they had seen the issue with one other car. My car is going in next week for investigation. They did say even if no fault found, they would also assess its drivability and then either contact Audi for a temp replacement car or wait for the fix. I haven't yet mentioned rejecting the car but will do so in my next email.
They did also say there is no immediate solution for Audi vehicles. I can work with honesty
Weirdly/coincidentally ? in the warmer weather, its kangarooing is significantly reduced, it drives better and doesn't feel like it Is going to stall. Is this common?
I actually believe it doesn't affects all 35tfsi . So has anybody got any answer as to why not?
Hi again Karen,

Hmmm ... interesting that your dealer is still reporting no Audi fix available yet. When my rejection was completed, they said that a fix was expected in about 10 days time, which is now 2+ weeks ago. The rejected Q2 is still listed for sale on the dealer's website. I had done 1215 miles when I handed it back to them, and it's now done apparently 1249 miles according to the sales website, so it seems they have driven it around a bit to test it. I hoped they would have applied the fix before selling it on, but maybe not.

Mine kangarooed at all ambient/engine temperatures. The cutting out (needing the ignition to be turned off and on again) only happened four times early on while we had the vehicle, which is why my wife was too frightened to drive it. I think I must have got used to giving it a bit more gas/ being more careful during the time I was driving it, so I drove it for a couple of weeks without it cutting out (it was still kangarooing though, almost every time when pulling away in 1st gear). Maybe you are being more careful/"adapting your driving style", which of course you shouldn't have to!

Good luck, whatever you decide to do with the vehicle.

Simon.

Loll69

Post by Loll69 » Wed May 15, 2019 11:24 am

Pick my Q2 sline 35 up on Saturday, I asked the dealer if they had many engine issues as loads reported on forums, they said not heard of any. Let's hope there luck carries on :)

testcard

Post by testcard » Wed May 15, 2019 12:20 pm

Loll69 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 11:24 am
Pick my Q2 sline 35 up on Saturday, I asked the dealer if they had many engine issues as loads reported on forums, they said not heard of any. Let's hope there luck carries on :)
I wouldn’t expect any car dealer to admit to a fault with one of their products. They have a franchise to protect. ;)
2019 Audi Q2 S line, 35 TFSI. Daytona grey.

shiffty

Post by shiffty » Wed May 15, 2019 2:46 pm

What is this kangaroo problem?

My wife is using the car and she has no idea to explain to me if it is a problem or not with the car.

I will need myself to drive the car and to check it.

I have collected the car from Audi on the 4 th of March.
NEW Audi Q2 1.5 TFSI Sport , S tronic, 150 HP , RED
+ Technology Pack, Driver Assistance Pack Advanced , Rear-View Camera, Dual-Zone Electronic Climate Control , 4-Way Electric Lumbar Support, Heated Front Seats, Privacy Glass
Ordered 12/11/18

Delstron

Post by Delstron » Thu May 16, 2019 1:31 pm

You may be lucky then, if there was a problem I am sure you would have noticed. Basically in its mildest form (like mine) there is an inability to drive off smoothly in first and second gear, generally at low speeds below 12-15mph. This is most noticeable from cold. More problematic cars like SimonS and Karen their cars just cannot move off smoothly without kangerooing or jumping. Also these cars can also die at inopertune moments when you need to rely on the car to pull away. This makes islands and junctions a nightmare and is why dealers are giving loan cars while a solution is found. Mild issues can be masked by the driver by overevving and clutch control which is NOT what you should have to do. Check your wife is not compensating in this way.

Loll69

Post by Loll69 » Sat May 18, 2019 6:03 pm

Picked mine up this afternoon. No sign of any issues at all, early days I know, and the car was kept in the handover room and was registering at 20degrees . but drove home nicely :)

Q2 35 TFSI. Sline S Tronic

Return to “Main Audi Q2 chat”