Q2 Puddle Lights

All Audi Q2 related discussions
Markp

Re: Q2 Puddle Lights

Post by Markp » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:40 am

I agree about the cost cutting, we were surprised there was no glovebox light. I love our Q2 Sline, however in terms of cost cutting they have now made dual zone heating an extra, it is things like this, and heated seats being extra.
For us S- line is a top of range model, and we feel, that certain extras should be standard.
We have now started to look at other manufacturers, who offer more for less. Sadly unless Audi change their marketing approach this will be our last Audi!

mr c

Post by mr c » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:59 am

Markp wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:40 am
I agree about the cost cutting, we were surprised there was no glovebox light. I love our Q2 Sline, however in terms of cost cutting they have now made dual zone heating an extra, it is things like this, and heated seats being extra.
For us S- line is a top of range model, and we feel, that certain extras should be standard.
We have now started to look at other manufacturers, who offer more for less. Sadly unless Audi change their marketing approach this will be our last Audi!
Couldn't agree more I was gobsmacked that we had to put climate on our build as an extra, as well as folding mirrors (really) then we cancelled the order due to the big delay caused by engine gate 😂
We then scoured the country for one either already built or a demo with climate on it an failed, settled for an Edition #1 with just 26miles on the clock, thrashed out a great deal on it.
Glad with the outcome especially with the 1.5 engine problems, coping alright with just aircon but it is a comprise, I love having climate I just set it and leave it on 24/7 summer and winter never have misted up windows happy days, and don't scream at me it uses more fuel yes marginally but if you don't use it regularly your seals dry out which is then the cause or loosing the aircon gas

alpesh26

Post by alpesh26 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:16 pm

I took the glovebox out and it doesnt look possible to retrofit a glovebox light, the damper is different to older Audi's where the damper is the switch for the light.

I managed to retrofit the rear puddle and door warning lights, just got the fronts to do but waiting for some parts

IanQ2

Post by IanQ2 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:49 am

alpesh26 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:16 pm

I managed to retrofit the rear puddle and door warning lights, just got the fronts to do but waiting for some parts

Get some pictures up once you are all done. Somnething I might do myself, sounds a good retrofit

alpesh26

Post by alpesh26 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:47 pm

Been meaning to update this thread for a while. Managed to complete the puddle and door warning light retrofits on my Dad's Q2, fairly straight forward, but you do need VCDS to code the rear doors. The front ones worked without any coding. You can't really see the puddle lights in the pics as it was a bit bright when I took the pics. You can just see the Audi rings on the floor for the front doors.

The red warning lights are a bit lower than we would have liked on the front doors but this is down to the space inside the door card or you won't have enough space for the wiring connector.

We also added some door pocket lights which we spliced into the wiring for the Bang & Olufsen lights on the front doors, lets you see things in the door pockets at night - I don't have a pic of this in the Q2 but I've put a pic of the ones I put in my S3 so you get the idea.

We also took the opportunity to fit some sound deadening panels on the doors. The front outer door skins vibrate when you shut the door, the deadening panels have eliminated that and you get more bass response from the speakers. The doors feel heavier and sound like an older Audi when you shut them. I had to turn the bass down in my S3 after fitting the sound deadening panels!!

Next project on the Q2 is to wire up a second light in the boot, should be simple enough to do by splicing off the existing light :D

IMG_7072.jpg

IMG_7005.jpg

IMG_7004.jpg

Return to “Main Audi Q2 chat”